• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hardship and HSBC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardship and HSBC

Hi

Have taken on HSBC for my daughter. Single mum living on SMP tax credits and child benefit.

Bank charges being taken out of benefits:tinysmile_cry_t:

From day 1 have been asking for refund because of hardship. Have had various standard replies. Have now sent 4 letters each time enclosing record of finances and with last one HSBC's budget plan delivered via recorded delivery on 16/09/2008. To date no reply.

Court action should have been started on 16th September but thought would give them a bit extra time.

Advice please on way forward. Is it worth writing to CEO Michael Geoghegan starting legal proceedings that will just be stayed or going to FOS?

Attached last letter sent to bank
    Regards
    Zaffie

Re: hardship and HSBC

Hi Zaffie,

I successfully took on HSBC (in my case it was First Direct) recently and got a payment on hardship grounds.

Up to you how you play this, but I sent in a letter to the FOS and well as sending one to Mr Geoghegan.

You can have a look how I played it by reading my thread. I stick a link in when I find out what the URL is for you.

Guy I ended up dealing with in First Direct was Steve Smithard in Credit Services. I don't know whether he is First Direct specific or whether he deals with all HSBC queries such as this !!

Hope it helps you.

Good luck

Here's the link to my thread Jester Vs First Direct - OFFER Accepted - Legal Beagles
    Last edited by Jester; 26th September 2008, 12:13:PM.

Comment

Re: hardship and HSBC

Jester who is Mr Geoghegan as I want to write to the CEO of HSBC

Thanks xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X