• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift Advance After Repo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Swift Advance After Repo

Goes without saying, best of luck and try to keep your nerve. They will try to be slippery and they will try to stop you having your say so just be insistent without upsetting the DJ. Lets up for an adjournment though so you have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
      Goes without saying, best of luck and try to keep your nerve. They will try to be slippery and they will try to stop you having your say so just be insistent without upsetting the DJ. Lets up for an adjournment though so you have more time.
      Thank you Meellis

will try my very best

Comment

Sofi

Because of how distorted the Swift way of doing things is. While you stand there with no legal representation , at the same time, you will be paying for the person representing them, if they have their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Determined View Post
          Sofi

Because of how distorted the Swift way of doing things is. While you stand there with no legal representation , at the same time, you will be paying for the person representing them, if they have their way.
          yes i agree

i have no one representing me where as they have me paying for someone to represent them

its not very nice

Comment

last thing i want to confirm before hitting the sack

would i be able to find out from the court desk or usher if a stay of proceedings was granted???

because i did state that i want it to be dealt with without a hearing

Comment

Another point which may prove useful in obtaining a stay of proceedings

swift were ordered to provide and serve a more detailed statement to the court by 4pm on 24 october and they submitted it on 21 october and i recived my copy on 22 october but didnt read it as i was on my way to hospital to see mum and sadly at 3.20am on 23rd October my mum passed away so in fact i didnt actually go through it until 8 9 November which is when i came on this forum

maybe this can be a plus point???

Comment

UPDATE ON COURT HEARING

THE JUDGE HAS ORDERED

1. By no later than 4pm on 27 January 2017 i the defendant must if they intend to defend claim further file/serve a defence and if appropriate counterclaim setting out clearly the charges which they dispute together with reasons and clarification of the legal basis for the dispute

2. No later than 4pm on 10th February 2017 the claimant shall if so adviced file/serve a response to counterclaim

3. Possession hearing date adjourned to 20 February 2017 ( if the issues between both parties cannot be determined then the hearing may be used to give directions

Sofi

Comment

Result!

Well Done You.

Now on to the next phase

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                    Result!

Well Done You.

Now on to the next phase

Di
                    thank you Di

and a big thank you to Sparkie, Determined, PT and all the others on this forum who helped me alot

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                      Result!

Well Done You.

Now on to the next phase

Di
                      Hi Diana
                      She did brilliantly IMO as an LIP.........I do not think Swift will like this one little bit......with proper representation and I mean a Barrister..... she can beat them.
                      I have a strong feeling about it.
                      Next hearing, They will send a Barrister from a London Chambers and change their solicitors to RoslingKing LLP of the Old Baily I'm thinking.
                      Sparkie

Comment

Hi Sofi

Well done.

When you get your breath back you will have to tell us how it went down and what was said.

Regards

Determined

Comment

I like this in the order.......It could prolong the case even further..........Swift are so short of money ....that is why they objected to sofi's request to agree to a stay ...they thought they would have had her property today.
                          Sparkie
                          "3. Possession hearing date adjourned to 20 February 2017 ( if the issues between both parties cannot be determined then the hearing may be used to give directions"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                            I like this in the order.......It could prolong the case even further..........Swift are so short of money ....that is why they objected to sofi's request to agree to a stay ...they thought they would have had her property today.
                            Sparkie
                            "3. Possession hearing date adjourned to 20 February 2017 ( if the issues between both parties cannot be determined then the hearing may be used to give directions"
                            they were hoping for possession order today and then eviction in 28days but the judge said adjournment is necessary because there is 1 point i can counterclaim on which is ppi

swift said that i had signed for ppi even though the box was not ticked but i explained that it was mis sold as my husband is self employed so he would not have been able to claim on that

next step now is i need to find a solicitor
                            get my defence sorted and explain what charges are fair and the ones that are not

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Determined View Post
                            Hi Sofi

Well done.

When you get your breath back you will have to tell us how it went down and what was said.

Regards

Determined
                            will do

Comment

The first BIG question I have sofi is.

Did you have to use Determined's File??
                              Sparkie

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkie1723 View Post
                                The first BIG question I have sofi is.

Did you have to use Determined's File??
                                Sparkie
                                no i didnt Sparkie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X