• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Father got 1st letter from Wescot (advice please)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father got 1st letter from Wescot (advice please)

Hi
    I’m hoping someone can point me (and my father) in the right direction.
    This is the back story. I helped my father resolve visa problems around 5 years ago whereby his APR was increased and monthly payment amounts raised – he was basically paying the interest only per month on his cards with one company requesting nearly 35% APR.
    He has successfully (with the help of forum users) paid off all but one company. We managed to negotiate “full and final” payments with all but one of them. I believe one company tried to go with a Debt Collection Agency but we wrote to them explaining the debt was not with them but the original Visa company. The last visa company (Mint), was offered £1500 in full and final payment around 5 years ago.
    They refused. The debt was for around £3300. He has then successfully negotiated a monthly direct debit payment of £5 (this is with the APR remaining at 0 (zero). He is 68 years old and his income is very low. He can only afford to pay £5 per month. He has explained to them over the 5 years what his income and outgoings are. His “spare” money only equates to £5.00 every month.
    They have accepted this until last month when he received a letter from Wescot. This letter informed him that they are happy to accept the £5.00 payments per month (for now).
    He has received a letter from Mint explaining all information regarding his account will be direct from Wescot. However, he has then received a Mint Visa bill requesting £1555.00 be paid immediately!
    This is obviously extremely worrying and I would like to know what is the best action to take.
    Do I contact Mint for him and explain that the debt is with Mint – no payments have been missed and their agreement of £5 per month has been broken (by them).
    Do I make contact with Wescot and inform them that I fully understand they have paid my fathers debt.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this as he is looking to make contact this week if possible.

Thank you
    Chris
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X