• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Fidelite and a hand written letter through the door

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidelite and a hand written letter through the door

Hi guys I need some help.

Today my dad phones me (as I don't live there it's just a correspondence address) to say a letter has been posted whilst he was out. It's hand written. So I ask him to open and its from these ... The new Scottcall....

Says 1st attempt and for me to ring them urgent...

They have sent letter in the past few months and reading on here I have ignored them, however now they have come to the door I'm worried a little....

It's for a JD willaims bill of £1,200 which I know I can't pay, so what do I do, it's been sold on to them from wescot as I've had loads of letters from them.

Do I phone them say I'm requesting and a cr thingy or do I just wait it out and see if they come again, and tell
    My dad to not let them in

Help will be appreciated thank
    Tags: None

Re: Fidelite and a hand written letter through the door

Scotcall are a debt collector. They have no right of entry and no power. They should not discuss the case with your Dad at all. If you want to start making payment a local agent can take money. The Agen t is only interested in getting money as they are CV paid commission on the amount collected.

Comment

Re: Fidelite and a hand written letter through the door

Hi thanks for the reply.

I really need to know if I ring them or not. I do owe them money, no denying that but do I ask them to prove it....

I dont want them coming to my dads house and asking for me, so I guess they will be back seen as they got no joy today.

I want ant them to back off the house calls, so what can I do. I would set up payment but wescot were offing me reduced terms of i paid off.. I guess these won't now it's got to this.

I dont want it going to a ccj either

stuck what to do next

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X