• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodaphone screwing me over with illegal payments?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodaphone screwing me over with illegal payments?

Hello! Basically I started a two year contract with vodaphone a year ago and have had nothing but trouble with them. A few notes before hand I'm in Northern Ireland, And Vodaphone are meant to send me texts to notify me about reaching my data limit.

At the start of the year they stopped my texts/calls/data as they stated that I had a bill of 450 pound because I had went over my data limit. I received no text to notify me about going over and don't know how it would have got to that amount as I don't use data that much, had data roaming turned off but paid the bill. I had a direct debit with them up until this point. It was cancelled and I now pay by calling them up and entering my card details.

Recently they have again switched my calls/texts/data off and sent me another bill of 300 pound saying I've went over my data usage yet again though I decided to investigate this time as again I received no text about reaching my limit and had my data switched off but apparently according to them this bill kept mounting.

I rang Vodaphone and asked for proof that I had used this amount of data. They refused to give me this saying it wouldn't be possible. I told them that this bill wasn't possible as I had my data turned off and they gave me no text yet again. I've told them I'm not paying it. Basically I want to know who is in the right hear? What are my options? Can I get out of this contract? Can they take me to court?
    Tags: None

Re: Vodaphone screwing me over with illegal payments?

Hi a new welcome to legal beagles. We have an official Vodafone rep who I am sure will look into this for you. A similar issue turned up on radio 4 area months ago. The cause was the phone connecting via the Irish Republic.

Comment

Re: Vodaphone screwing me over with illegal payments?

Tried to tag him but some reason its not working

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X