• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Improperly executed agreement? Have I a chance at getting a CCJ set aside?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improperly executed agreement? Have I a chance at getting a CCJ set aside?

Hi,

Would anybody be able to take a look at this credit agreement and let me know if it would be deemed improperly executed. Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Improperly executed agreement? Have I a chance at getting a CCJ set aside?

Originally posted by Emilou16 View Post
    Hi,

Would anybody be able to take a look at this credit agreement and let me know if it would be deemed improperly executed. Many thanks.
    Please post a copy of the agreement after removing personal identifiers.

Please give us some details on the debt/ agreement.

nem

Comment

Be useful if you attached a suitably redacted copy!
      Last edited by des8; 16th May 2016, 18:38:PM. Reason: crossed with Nem!

Comment

You are unlikely to get it set aside so you can argue enforceability. You may get it set aside if, for example, you were not served with court papers.

Set asides must be done quickly too.

M1

Comment

Sorry! Thought I had posted it. I'm having problems getting with it. It was back in August. The companies (Restons and Cabot) never complied with CCA request. Have just (by chance) come across the credit agreement.
          Attached Files

Comment

The CCJ supersedes the original agreement entirely, the unenforceability was a matter to have been raised when the claim was issued.

So some history please!

nem

Comment

Hello,

It was a NWS Bank of Scotland 'Preference Account'. We have never been able to establish what sort of account it actually was. It was with a car finance agreement. We were sent a switch card and cheque book, but had not facility to use the account as a bank account (we couldn't pay into it and were sent a monthly bill with minimum payment.)

It defaulted in around 2008, with a balance of 8k. Have been paying it off (to be fair, very slowly since.) I'm not wanting to avoid the debt, I have issues surrounding the balance. Court papers arrived, (husband a bit clueless) so sent of a cca request. Never any reply. Judgement awarded Aug 2015. We have only just found this in a box of paperwork. Paying monthly amount towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilou16 View Post
                Sorry! Thought I had posted it. I'm having problems getting with it. It was back in August. The companies (Restons and Cabot) never complied with CCA request. Have just (by chance) come across the credit agreement.
                What makes you believe the agreement was " not properly executed"?
                nem

Comment

99.9% you won't get that set aside.

You knew (or should have as you got the paperwork) and it's been ages since then.

M1

Comment

Bugger. Thanks anyway!

Comment

Have to agree with M1, no chance!

nem

Comment

On the 'Conditions of Use' page, bottom RHS, is something about 'insurance'.

Unfortunately, it is obscured.

Could it be PPI?
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                        gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X