• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do I handle first contact from dca

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I handle first contact from dca

Hello i am looking for some advice as i have received a letter from a dca asking me if i am the same person who lived at a previous address as they have a personal matter to discuss. I had a breakdown in 2008 and moved. I couldnt deal with anything at the time and moved to another country. I returned a few years later and resumed as best as possible a normal life, steady job bank account etc. There were debts i left to banks and credit card companies probably in the region of 25k in total. I dont know if back then who got what jugdements. I am nervous about what to do first so i get as favourable outcome as possible. I am aware through reading a few threads about statute barred etc and ccj's can be re enforced especially if the debtor basicallly dissappeared giving the creditor no avenue to collect.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: How do I handle first contact from dca

Hello, I've tagged [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] for help but have you checked your credit report to see what your current situation is? If you left in 2008 and haven't returned since it's likely that debts could be statute barred or CCJs could have been obtained in your absence.

Whether you choose to respond or ignore, you are best off working out your current position in terms of whether it is statute barred.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Good morning,
      These phishing letters are best ignored Until the DCA (which one is it please?) actually state what they are chasing. Do Not phone them they will want you to answer "security " questions and
      try to talk you into paying on the spot.

Please give us some history of the debt to enable us to advise fully.

nem

Comment

Hi nem, thanks for resonding.
        to be honest its either a bank or credit card company, there were 4 i think but as this was a difficult time its a bit hazy. The people who moved in after i left knew i left the country so i assume they stopped the dca's by telling them this. All this was in 2008 and i have had no letters contact at all since the debts got on top of me. The company begins with L and is in quite a few threads on here

thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

Rob,

hi yes inhave checked and they are all off. However i am pretty sure ccj's would of been issued due to ammount.
        i dont want to make an incorrect first move and cause myself more trouble. I know it wont go away it just when i engage and how

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X