• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

ppi mint advice - mistakenly posted in welcome too!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ppi mint advice - mistakenly posted in welcome too!

Hi there,

i had had a successful claim for misseling upheld through egg/Barclays a year or so back. After reading people having little success claiming from a Mint card I just didn't bother. Silly really but now I am getting to work on this Mint misseling claim.

I Submitted a SAR and they sent me my original copy of my credit agreement from 2004 where it says "ppi - selected" and I have signed it. The application was done via the Internet and I can't for the life of me remember being given any information about ppi and as it was on my statement assumed it was just part and parcel.

There is also a letter that states that "we are unable to trace any correspondence on file regarding this account " I'm not sure if this is relevant or not.

When i I took out the cover I was employed in full time employment in 2006 my role changed and I was on a one year fixed contract. Subsequently I then went onto another full time contract, then subsequent roles were fixed term contracts until I landed my current role 3 years ago. Which I now believe would have meant I couldn't claim if my contract ended and I struggled to make the repayments. I didn't use this for previous miss selling claims as I didn't realise this was the case, just shows how much I knew about what I was paying for.

What at I am struggling with is what to put as the reason for miss selling. It would be obvious to put that I didn't understand what I was accepting, I can't remember if I ticked the box or if it was pre selected, I have no recollection of being given any information and i am confident they provided me with nothing. From what I have read of others experiences with mint claims is that they will most likely come back with it not being upheld due to it beings non advised sale.

If I start to put about my employment history though I feel like it could get messy! I don't have information about my contracts to provide them if requested.

My thinking is that I go with the reasons I put on my previous successful claims, as not knowing and understanding what I had "selected" is my main reason for the claim. Then see what happens and if necessary use the employment status if I need to appeal a decision?

Any advice much appreciated!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X