• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica Baliffs and HMRC Fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectica Baliffs and HMRC Fine

Hi

Just looking for some advice.

My ex partner had a few court fines unpaid, they were passed to collectica and we were told they were bundled into one. We paid over £800 in total.

Just had Baliffs at the door this morning at 8 demanding payment of £445 which is again, apparently more fines. Tried explaining that collectica themselves said the fines were put together but they were having none of it.

They came to my house but my partner is care of and therefore not on my tenancy agreement. They really upset us and said they would be back after 7pm or any day this week to get goods for auction if the debt isn't paid off. Of course collectica refusing to accept that this was the agreement.

We cannot pay this all at once. All I have done is cry I thought this nightmare was over.

He has been free of any criminal actions for three years and is finally clear of the police and turning his life around and now this happens. I'm worried this is gonna push him to do something in order to get the money to save the embarrassment and harassment from these animals.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Helloimkatiex; 12th April 2016, 09:40:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Collectica Baliffs and HMRC Fine

You are going to have to get to the bottom of this by contacting the Court(s) referred to and ask what is going on. If they are demading payment of £445 then this sounds to me as if the original outstanding debt - if there is one - is only £135 the rest being for fees. As Court fines have the power of forced entry then you must tackle this ASAP.

Is there any illness or similar that could render your partner as being vulnerable - even if claiming Benefits.

Comment

Hi

Thanks

We have tried contacting the courts and they are refusing to do anything because it has been passed over to collectica.

He doesn't claim anything at the moment and does not have a job. We have a five year old at home
      Last edited by Helloimkatiex; 12th April 2016, 09:46:AM.

Comment

Have they told you why this is still outstanding if you were of the opinion everything was all paid previously.

Comment

Nope. They wouldn't say anything except well you will have to sort the money one way or another.
          Tbh there isn't much of value in the house except TV but I have proof that i bought it and it is mine. We own one tablet which was a gift to my daughter and that's about it. I have read that they cannot take sofas, beds, clothes and cooking / washing equipment etc so I doubt they would even be able to cover the debt however I am still worried and stressed about it.

They seemed to make themselves super loud in order to notify the neighbours as well, must have said at least 3 times that they were collectica ballifs extremely loud. Nasty buggers they are.

Going up to citizens advice tomorrow morning too see what they say x

Comment

I've asked someone else to look in on this.

As for CAB - there advice can be very variable depending on the experience of the Adviser. In general they may just tell you to pay it.

Comment

Thank you. X

Comment

Quick update...

Spone to independent debt advice line this morning and the lovely woman told me to contact them direct and tell them he does not reside here and say I have proof through tenancy etc.

Rang the agent and explained the situation. Told him that collectica also said to show him tenancy agreement and council tax bill. He said he would call 'one day this week' and I said that I wasn't happy with that as I would not be able to leave the house at all, all week. He then asked me to send him photos via what's app?! How professional..... I refused and said I wasn't comfortable sending those over a messaging service which he said he understood.

Asked me to send them via email which I have done. I asked him to confirm he had received the documents and also that the visits would not continue via email. He has yet to respond.

I told collectica I would be lodging a complaint about the whole situation as I had my neighbours enquiring about what was happening yesterday morning and it really is upsetting and embarrassing.

I'm wondering now what the next steps would be. I'm hoping that it will be referred back to court and he can sort something out that way yet I think I'm being a little optimistic.

X

Comment

Did the court tell you why they had not included this debt with the other ones that had been sent to Collectica?

Please post back once once you have any further response from your email.

Comment

The courts would not help at all just said refer back to collectica.

We have tried the fines office and enforcement office.

Any suggestions on any further persons to ring? X

Comment

Response just said got them thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X