• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial Warrant of Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial Warrant of Control

Hello all,

I have received a letter today from the County Court Business Centre. It's a Warrant of Control for a debt listed on the form for £767.62 I'm slightly confused because I've no idea what it's for? After a Google search I have discovered these are issued after court paperwork has been received, but I've not seen anything relating to this? How can I get a CCJ for an alleged debt that I havnt even had the chance to defend?

I have just done a search on the trust online website and is definitely legit...what do I do now? I'm terrified a bailiff is going to come to my flat and take my car from the residential carpark, im disabled so don't go out much, so I won't be able to check if my cars gone...please can someone help me, I'm really worried.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot Financial Warrant of Control

IF your car has a blue badge then they can't take your car.

Have you called the court to see what the claim was for and if they can send you any paperwork? Do you think you know what the amount might be, have you ignored any debts or anything recently?
    Have you moved home where a claim against you might have been issued?
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I don't have a blue badge but I get disability benefits which i have my entitlement certificate for. The only thing I think it could be was for bank charges on an unauthorised overdraft of 2p (yes 2p) with Lloyds banks about 5/6 years ago. I only think that because my parents have been getting phone calls at their address about my where abouts, but they didn't give them any details. With it being a Saturday I couldn't call the court. The letter states to pay immediately and a payment remittance.

It's come to my address, but is the first I've heard of it. When I googled it, people have been sent a fom to fill in from the court, but I've never received anything like that? Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Star79 View Post
        I don't have a blue badge but I get disability benefits which i have my entitlement certificate for. The only thing I think it could be was for bank charges on an unauthorised overdraft of 2p (yes 2p) with Lloyds banks about 5/6 years ago. I only think that because my parents have been getting phone calls at their address about my where abouts, but they didn't give them any details. With it being a Saturday I couldn't call the court. The letter states to pay immediately and a payment remittance.

It's come to my address, but is the first I've heard of it. When I googled it, people have been sent a fom to fill in from the court, but I've never received anything like that? Is that normal?
        2p, or not 2p, that is the question! (Sorry, couldn't resist it, lol!)

But for 2p to grow to £767+, some pretty hefty charges must have been added!
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Haha good one! Well back then it was charge charge charge, I did write to them when the charges refunds were starting to gain momentum, but I never heard back. Now with costs I imagine that's the sum :/

Comment

that is a bit of a leap, suggest you call the court on monday and do some information gathering about the claim and where it was issued to, try and get copies of documents if you can and claim form and you can look at going from there. It may be possible to set aside the warrant of control/claim but yu obviously need the facts before hand.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I wasn't sure if I should call Cabot or the Court, or write to them? But writing would take too long as it's gone this far now, I will call them then write I think.

Thank you for your help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X