• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

debt owed from around 2008-ish

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: debt owed from around 2008-ish

Originally posted by bcfcsavag33 View Post
    Nemesis.. I am using a new branch. I am assuming that lowell has been trying to find me and have now put that debt onto my new card? I don't know all the technics of it all I just know that this is the only debt I have which was with my previous branch the branch person told me to use a website to check my credit rating but never got round to doing it but I will try the one you have said now..
    It's worth bearing in mind that these Credit Reference Companies use/input info supplied to them by the credit companies/debt purchasers.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I have just checked noodle and as I suspected everything is up to date apart from that lowell debt.. It says it defaulted in 2011 but I know for a fact it was almost 8 years ago

Comment

It also says account start date 8/01/10

Comment

It also says account start date 8/01/10
          Lowell cannot put anything on a new card or an any card for that matter,
          You say you are using a new branch ( of the same bank?) Same account number?
          As said the debt Lowell now owns would be an account closed and sold to them.

What exactly does the Lowell entry say?
          Lowell likes to report accounts in its own way.
          e.g. Loan account from Lowell/ Credit Card from Lowell.

nem

Comment

I've never defaulted on my current card. The debt they are trying to retrieve is from a different card from a different branch. It says "Account Type : Home Credit" I don't even know what that is? :s

Comment

Also it says "Account Number" it is my old card from my old branch

Comment

I've never defaulted on my current card. The debt they are trying to retrieve is from a different card from a different branch. It says "Account Type : Home Credit" I don't even know what that is? :s
                So this is not a card, or anything to exactly to do with cards you had at the time the wallet was taken?

Instead it appears to be a form of 'home credit' that the person who got your wallet/card then used those details to separately take out?

Comment

Omg how stupid of me!! I know what it is now.. its provident. I took out a loan years ago and the person didn't end up coming after a while and I ended up forgetting about it. So I'm guessing that the thing to do with my card has now expired as it is not on my credit report?

Comment

Omg how stupid of me!! I know what it is now.. its provident. I took out a loan years ago and the person didn't end up coming after a while and I ended up forgetting about it. So I'm guessing that the thing to do with my card has now expired as it is not on my credit report?
                    In that case, when was this last paid or acknowledged in writing?

Comment

Home Credit has a large website issues cards /loans etc.
                      Might be a good idea to check that out.

nem

Comment

The last letter I got from them was almost 2 weeks ago. And I can't even remember when the last time I payed. Over 4 years ago I know that. Do I just admit defeat and pay it?

- - - Updated - - -

But it does say on my credit report that the account start date was 8/1/10

Comment

But it does say on my credit report that the account start date was 8/1/10
                          Assuming that is accurate, and that represents the date you took out the loan, then how many months/weeks did you pay it for?

Have you any idea?

Comment

I wasn't paying I long. 2 months maybe..

Comment

I don't get it because it says start date is 8/1/10 but then it says default date 17/1/ 11.. confusing

Comment

I wasn't paying I long. 2 months maybe..
                                So not likely to be statute barred for a few months yet then.

I don't get it because it says start date is 8/1/10 but then it says default date 17/1/ 11.. confusing
                                Should have been recorded a default within 3-6 months (usually), but not uncommon for provident or similar companies to prolong it, or even leave it until the debt is sold to collectors.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X