• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

sherriff officers urgent help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sherriff officers urgent help needed

I was looking for advice, dealing with these people, so far I am just about having a nervous breakdown.

So I have council tax arrears for a old property one going as far back as 2002. Which I'm sure was cleared as I had been paying them for 4 years, any way, into the future, I had to leave my last home due to violence, and left everything. I now have a bf who I'm staying with at the moment because I just had a operation, my ssp ran out, I've been off my work 16 months, but because of my problem wasn't able to pass my medical.

I claimed esa before I had my op, explained I was waiting on Mri etc, but they stopped my money, and couldn't offer me anything because I was still employed. So I sat on my hands since then.

After I had received the letter from old council, they found me due to claiming the esa, I then had letter through door from walker love, they had tried to arrest my wages, but I was off sick, they took 2 lumps sums when I was working, I never contacted them because basically had nothing to give them.

Some time past then scott &co wrote to me and said they were arresting my bank, there wasn't any money for them to take anyway.

now last Thursday and again on Monday a man has been knocking on the door, he was also knocking on the neighbours doors, asking for me, he was carrying a clear folder, my neighbour rang and told me. She said he looked official with the suit n tie, she said the other man sat in the car with it running.

she said he was looking through windows below me, no one lives there, he stopped her husband asking if I stayed there, her husband never gave him any information and they left.

no card, no letters nothing since that one letter in sept 15. So I got on the phone to step change, told them my situation, etc, they said to phone them up and offer them a £1 and advice me to do the the map bankcrupsy for £90.

I know I had a few other debts that lowell were dealing with too.

so my point is I have no money, I've been on step change turn 2 us cab, they say don't open the door to anyone.

They can take your things, I told them I don't own anything in here. It's not my house, was told I'd have to prove they weren't mine.

One says one thing one says another.
    My bf knows nothing about it all except someone is looking for me.

I really am at my wits end, I actually would leave so I don't have to worry him,.

I tried to check benefits today again, but they wanted to know all about my bf wages mortgage etc, and it's really nothing to do with him.

I need clear help here.

Do I ring up scott & co and tell them about my pitiful life or do I ride it out till my pack comes from stepchange to do the the map.

I don't know anymore.

I'm in scotland and I need a action plan, if anyone has the right information that i can work with in the meantime I'd be grateful.

only other thing is I'm still married separated for 8 years, ex wanted a divorce but he doesn't know where i live. Could it have been someone trying to serve me papers about that.

where I live it's a bit out of the way, you need a ferry, they must be desperate to come within three days apart.

Thanks folks
    Tags: None

Re: sherriff officers urgent help needed

Originally posted by help17 View Post
    I was looking for advice, dealing with these people, so far I am just about having a nervous breakdown.

So I have council tax arrears for a old property one going as far back as 2002. Which I'm sure was cleared as I had been paying them for 4 years, any way, into the future, I had to leave my last home due to violence, and left everything. I now have a bf who I'm staying with at the moment because I just had a operation, my ssp ran out, I've been off my work 16 months, but because of my problem wasn't able to pass my medical.

I claimed esa before I had my op, explained I was waiting on Mri etc, but they stopped my money, and couldn't offer me anything because I was still employed. So I sat on my hands since then.

After I had received the letter from old council, they found me due to claiming the esa, I then had letter through door from walker love, they had tried to arrest my wages, but I was off sick, they took 2 lumps sums when I was working, I never contacted them because basically had nothing to give them.

Some time past then scott &co wrote to me and said they were arresting my bank, there wasn't any money for them to take anyway.

now last Thursday and again on Monday a man has been knocking on the door, he was also knocking on the neighbours doors, asking for me, he was carrying a clear folder, my neighbour rang and told me. She said he looked official with the suit n tie, she said the other man sat in the car with it running.

she said he was looking through windows below me, no one lives there, he stopped her husband asking if I stayed there, her husband never gave him any information and they left.

no card, no letters nothing since that one letter in sept 15. So I got on the phone to step change, told them my situation, etc, they said to phone them up and offer them a £1 and advice me to do the the map bankcrupsy for £90.

I know I had a few other debts that lowell were dealing with too.

so my point is I have no money, I've been on step change turn 2 us cab, they say don't open the door to anyone.

They can take your things, I told them I don't own anything in here. It's not my house, was told I'd have to prove they weren't mine.

One says one thing one says another.
    My bf knows nothing about it all except someone is looking for me.

I really am at my wits end, I actually would leave so I don't have to worry him,.

I tried to check benefits today again, but they wanted to know all about my bf wages mortgage etc, and it's really nothing to do with him.

I need clear help here.

Do I ring up scott & co and tell them about my pitiful life or do I ride it out till my pack comes from stepchange to do the the map.

I don't know anymore.

I'm in scotland and I need a action plan, if anyone has the right information that i can work with in the meantime I'd be grateful.

only other thing is I'm still married separated for 8 years, ex wanted a divorce but he doesn't know where i live. Could it have been someone trying to serve me papers about that.

where I live it's a bit out of the way, you need a ferry, they must be desperate to come within three days apart.

Thanks folks
    Good afternoon, welcome to LB,
    I know little I'm sorry to say about Scottish Law but will try find some one with more knowledge.

nem [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] any ideas please.

Comment

Re: sherriff officers urgent help needed

Thank you for replying.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X