• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Creation Finance Default Date Wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation Finance Default Date Wrong

Hi Everyone,

I have a default on my credit report from creation finance. the default date is wrong by a year, it should of dropped off August 2015 but will be on till August 2016. I contacted them to ask to change to the correct date, they didn't reply so I sent complaints to the FOS & ICO. The FOS told them they had to investigate & I have heard back from creation today saying they will not change the date as their debt collection dept can register the default whenever they want! Is this right? I have still not yet heard back from the ICO.

I was wondering, as the debt is now actually statute barred if I could in fact ask them to change the date to the correct date & I will make the payment to them for the debt? Am I able to do that or will that make the debt no longer statute barred? Also, if they refuse & I take this back to the FOS & ICO will it ruin my case, as if I've tried to bribe them?

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Creation Finance Default Date Wrong

was your account with Creation or with Sygma Bank UK

Comment

Hi CYNthesys

The account was with Creation

Comment

Hi,

I've had this email from the ICO regarding my complaint that the default date is wrong.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Case Reference Number RFA******
        Dear Mr **********

I write in response to your further correspondence of 17 November 2015 regarding Creation Finance.

Our aim is to improve information rights practices within organisations. We do this by taking an overview of all concerns that are raised about organisations with a view to improving their compliance with the Data Protection Act (‘the DPA’).

We cannot look into every concern we receive. We will put most of our effort into dealing with matters we think give us the best chance of making the biggest difference to information rights practices.

Depending on the circumstances, we may give advice about handling personal information, provide guidance, or ask them to review their procedures.

In your correspondence you have provided further evidence to show Creation Finance has recorded what you believe to be inaccurate data on your credit reference file.

We have now written to Creation Finance requesting that they revisit this matter and ensure the data they hold is accurate and up todate.

We have raised concerns in regarding to the recording of the default notice and asked that the organisation explain their reasoning for recording this data.

Once we have received a response from the organisation we will contact you again.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***

I don't really understand what it means, they say they have asked creation to 'revisit this matter' does this mean they have to put the correct date?

Daz

Comment

Originally posted by dazzle75 View Post
          Hi,

I've had this email from the ICO regarding my complaint that the default date is wrong.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Case Reference Number RFA******
          Dear Mr **********

I write in response to your further correspondence of 17 November 2015 regarding Creation Finance.

Our aim is to improve information rights practices within organisations. We do this by taking an overview of all concerns that are raised about organisations with a view to improving their compliance with the Data Protection Act (‘the DPA’).

We cannot look into every concern we receive. We will put most of our effort into dealing with matters we think give us the best chance of making the biggest difference to information rights practices.

Depending on the circumstances, we may give advice about handling personal information, provide guidance, or ask them to review their procedures.

In your correspondence you have provided further evidence to show Creation Finance has recorded what you believe to be inaccurate data on your credit reference file.

We have now written to Creation Finance requesting that they revisit this matter and ensure the data they hold is accurate and up todate.

We have raised concerns in regarding to the recording of the default notice and asked that the organisation explain their reasoning for recording this data.

Once we have received a response from the organisation we will contact you again.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***

I don't really understand what it means, they say they have asked creation to 'revisit this matter' does this mean they have to put the correct date?

Daz
          Hello Daz,

The OCO has told Creation to properly investigate your complaint, and given the reasons it seems why it should do so.

nem

Comment

How long normally would they give creation to respond?

Daz

Comment

How long normally would they give creation to respond?

Daz
              I believe 6 - 8 weeks is the norm.

nem

Comment

I have today received this email from the ICO, it seems Creation are ignoring their letter. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing?

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************************
                Dear Mr ********

Further to my previous correspondence regarding Creation Finance, I can advice that we have still not received a response to our letter of 23 November.

I have written again today to the organisation, and as soon as I receive a response from Creation Finance I will contact you again.

Thank you for your patience in regard to this matter.

Yours sincerely

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Comment

I have today received this email from the ICO, it seems Creation are ignoring their letter. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing?

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************************
                  Dear Mr ********

Further to my previous correspondence regarding Creation Finance, I can advice that we have still not received a response to our letter of 23 November.

I have written again today to the organisation, and as soon as I receive a response from Creation Finance I will contact you again.

Thank you for your patience in regard to this matter.

Yours sincerely

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********
                  Hi, at least the ICO is keeping track of the case!

nem

Comment

May be worth contacting this guy

johnmccullogh@laseruk.com

John McCullogh

Company Secretary
                    Creation Financial Services Limited
                    Tel: 0121 712 9075
                    Mob: 07711 195300

Comment

Hi Everyone,

just giving you an update... I haven't heard back from the ICO yet but I checked my credit report today & the default is gone

Thank you so much for all your help, it was very much appreciated

Daz

Comment

Hi Everyone,

just giving you an update... I haven't heard back from the ICO yet but I checked my credit report today & the default is gone

Thank you so much for all your help, it was very much appreciated

Daz
                        Good News Daz!! Happy New Year!!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X