• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit File and Default Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit File and Default Query

Hi there!

I was wondering if someone can help me.

I had a default on a personal loan issued on the 27/10/2009

6 years have now passed and I received an email saying my credit file had changed and received the below message! Hooray!!

27/10/2015 Credit Agreement New/Deleted
    There have been changes to the following Credit Agreement in your credit file.
    Deleted Credit Agreement Summary

Company Name Account Type Account Number
    Previous Information LLOYDS TSB PERSONAL LOANS Loan XXXXXXXX5959
    Problem though. Lloyds sold the debt to Lowell's which I am paying back an amount monthly to them... this is still showing as in Default under my current address... see below:
    Loan from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd (I) / XXXXX2246
    Mr xxxxxxxx xx/xx/xxxx
    0 @ £ 0 (Monthly) Defaulted
    £ 4,054 £ 0
    £ 0 £ 4,527
    29/12/2007 21/10/2015
    27/10/2009

Why is this still on my account seeing as though it has been over 6 years since the default marker was placed on my file? I was told that 6 years and it's deleted, regardless as to whether it has been sold to a DCA or not... when is this likely to get removed?

I'm really peeved with this as I was hoping to start afresh in 2016 and possibly start saving for a mortgage - and this is still hanging around like a bad smell..

You help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Credit File and Default Query

next report and it should not show it only ran out on the 27th october 2015 and only 28th now!? Possible answer?

mine took a month after i.e. new report to show gone!

Comment

Ok thanks - I was reading some other threads and even though the loan was sold to a DCA, the loan/default transferred in to their name when I agreed to make payments, this shouldn't reset the default for another 6 years. Therefore, even though it's in Lowell's name, this record should still drop off after 6 years from date of default - is that correct?

As you say, it took about a month for you to show it disappeared, so hopefully that will be the same for me.

Comment

This is only the 28th the default date anniversary was yesterday
        it can take up to 3 weeks for files to be updated as the last update
        on the file seems to have been 21/10.

Patience!

nem

Comment

I am only posting this thread today because I had an email from Equifax.
          Equifax told me via email that my credit file had changed and on my credit file alerts, it that told me that it had been deleted (as shown above) - sorry this is not out of impatience but curiosity. Thanks for clarification, I'll check next month to see if has fallen off.

Comment

All my defaults dropped off after the next monthly update with the credit agencies, normally 1st of each month

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
              All my defaults dropped off after the next monthly update with the credit agencies, normally 1st of each month

Ah, but had your defaults transferred from your original lender to a DCA, or were they just defaults with your original lender?

Mine have transferred to a DCA and the credit agreement that Equifax told me that had "been deleted" was the settled account (settled as in settled when the debt transferred to Lowell) with the original lender, in my case, Lloyds.

Comment

Originally posted by sleslie86 View Post
                Ah, but had your defaults transferred from your original lender to a DCA, or were they just defaults with your original lender?

Mine have transferred to a DCA and the credit agreement that Equifax told me that had "been deleted" was the settled account (settled as in settled when the debt transferred to Lowell) with the original lender, in my case, Lloyds.
                A debt purchaser only updates the original creditors data.

CRA's update files as near to the 6th anniversary of the default date, sometimes overnight on the day of the anniversary.

nem

Comment

Okay thanks, so the credit agreement that I see as showing under "Current Address"

[D] Loan from Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd (I)/ XXXXX2246

... will eventually drop off in the next month or so...

Comment

Okay so the credit agreement that I see as showing under "Current Address"

... will eventually drop off in the next month or so...
                    Any defaulted entries will be removed on or just after the 6th anniversary of the default date,
                    there appears to be no actual fixed time general updates on credit files.

nem

Comment

Thanks for all your help on this. I will keep a close eye on it and re-post if it's still showing in 2 months time or so..

Comment

Thanks for all your help on this. I will keep a close eye on it and re-post if it's still showing in 2 months time or so..
                        It will go!
                        nem

Comment

The 3 CRAs do things slightly differently.

- Experian remove entries at midnight at the end of the day which is the 6th anniversary.

- Callcredit generally remove from their main database the same as Experian, or sometimes occasionally a little before.

- Equifax usually remove sometime between on the dot, and 3 weeks after the default anniversary. It's nothing to do with any creditor or report update, but just that their systems process them differently.

So as this is obviously Equifax, can have one entry drop rapidly and have to wait a while for another. It's just their systems being a bit crap catching up with one and not the other.

If it's still there in 4 or 5 weeks, then complain.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X