• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Link Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Financial

Hi there,
    I need some advise about Link Financial, I have received several letters from them demanding payment for a Barclaycard acc I don't recognise. I've had several credit agreements that I paid in full following the sale of me home.
    I spoke to them & asked if the could send me a copy of the signed credit agreement, they sent me statements, these do not include any purchases, just outstanding balances with interest added each month, I spoke to them again today & they said, the acc was taken out on line so they don't have a copy of an agreement but could screen shot the on line application for me.
    When I said I didn't recognise the acc they suggested I went to the police & reported fraud!!! This obviously scares the life out of me.
    I'm not sure what to do next
    Please could someone give me some advise?
    Much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: Link Financial

send them a letter "Recorded Delivery" asking for proof of the alledged account for starters, do not speak to them on the phone, keep a paper trail in a file. I suggest.

Comment

I will put it in writing today, they said the only way they would stop action on the acc was if I got the police involved. Can they take action without a credit agreement?

Comment

They can start proceedings but during which they would have to produce the evidence they rely on, but send that letter recorded to them the onus is then on them to prove the debt is yours/owing!

Comment

The only way to get a copy of the agreement if available is to make s CCA Request to Link a £1 statutory fee payable ans they have 12 + 2 working days to comply.
          There is a template in the forum library ( use signed for post and check delivery date as this is the start of the 12 + 2 time scale.

nem

Comment

They have already admitted they don't have a signed credit agreement. Should I still send the CCA off with the £1 fee?

Comment

Originally posted by Arlo04 View Post
              They have already admitted they don't have a signed credit agreement. Should I still send the CCA off with the £1 fee?
              wouldn!t hurt but write on the back for CCA purposes only what year did you take this out???? send recorded delivery 2nd class keep signature receipt from Royal Mail.

Comment

I don't remember this acc, I took out a Barclaycard in 1997 & paid it off in full in 2000, I remember this because I moved home & changed jobs in same year & paid quite a few creditors at same time, they are saying this acc was opened in 2008, as I say, the statements don't include any transactions just balances & interest charges. These are dated from Dec 2011 to May 2013, they say the acc was passed to them with an outstanding balance in May 2013.
                It's all very confusing, but they are expecting me to pay over 2k off an acc I can't remember taking out. Interesting enough, my credit file doesn't show an acc with Barclaycard at any of my previous addresses, just a defaulted with Link financial (Barclaycard) at my current address, I've only been here 15 month

Comment

Could it have been another card such as a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter one? I had one of those from around 2000, got sold to Barclaycard.

Comment

I don't remember this acc, I took out a Barclaycard in 1997 & paid it off in full in 2000, I remember this because I moved home & changed jobs in same year & paid quite a few creditors at same time, they are saying this acc was opened in 2008, as I say, the statements don't include any transactions just balances & interest charges. These are dated from Dec 2011 to May 2013, they say the acc was passed to them with an outstanding balance in May 2013.
                    It's all very confusing, but they are expecting me to pay over 2k off an acc I can't remember taking out. Interesting enough, my credit file doesn't show an acc with Barclaycard at any of my previous addresses, just a defaulted with Link financial (Barclaycard) at my current address, I've only been here 15 month
                    The CCA request may prove very useful given the number of possible original creditors I for one like to see what is produced.

nem

Comment

Hi there,
                      I need some advise about Link Financial, I have received several letters from them demanding payment for a Barclaycard acc I don't recognise. I've had several credit agreements that I paid in full following the sale of me home.
                      I spoke to them & asked if the could send me a copy of the signed credit agreement, they sent me statements, these do not include any purchases, just outstanding balances with interest added each month, I spoke to them again today & they said, the acc was taken out on line so they don't have a copy of an agreement but could screen shot the on line application for me.
                      I will put it in writing today, they said the only way they would stop action on the acc was if I got the police involved. Can they take action without a credit agreement?
                      For online applications from 2005 onwards, a tick box fulfills the role of a wet ink signature so there wouldn't be a signed agreement as such, however, they should still supply an accurate recon of the terms and conditions at the time the card was taken out as well as the details used to apply for the card, i.e. your name and the address where you lived at the time.

Comment

When I said I didn't recognise the acc they suggested I went to the police & reported fraud!!! This obviously scares the life out of me.
                        I'm not sure what to do next
                        Please could someone give me some advise?
                        Much appreciated
                        If someone took your identity and applied for a credit card in your name and used it then it should definitely be reported, however, I think we have to find out more about this account before going that far, it's possible it was an old card you didn't even remember, which may not always have been a Barclaycard.

They can issue a claim without the need for any documents as there is no requirement to attach paperwork to claims issued electronically via the bulk/business centre. However, once a claim is issued, you would send a request for copies of the documents they intend to rely on. There was a recent case on here where the poster received a claim for a Tesco Mobile contract and they'd never been with Tesco Mobile, after requesting documents and submitting a defence denying ever having had the contract, the claim was swiftly discontinued. :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X