• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from BW Legal stating CCJ against me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from BW Legal stating CCJ against me

Please help, I received a letter from BW Legal stating they put a CCJ against me but have not received the court forms because I moved house at the time they sent them.

What should I do? I owe the money and when I pay it will the CCJ be removed from my credit file?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from BW Legal stating CCJ against me

What is the CCJ for?

If a credit card or loan when was it taken out?

If you want to get it set aside you will need to show that there is a prospect of you defending it [MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION] maybe able to help you more

Comment

It was for mail order catalog.

Account type: Mail Order
      Account start date 06/12/2008
      Opening balance £ 250
      Date of default 26/07/2010
      Default balance £ 250

This was with Lowell then passed over to BW Legal who put the CCJ against me

Judgment date 01/05/2014
      Amount £328
      Court name: County Court Business Centre

Comment

I have been offered a house on affordable rent and when they checked my credit file it said I have a CCJ but I can't go no further, I need to change the CCJ from active to show that I'm doing something about the CCJ. Can this be done by setting up a payment plan or do I need to pay in full?

I have a week to do something about the status of the CCJ can this be done in time? What the best way to sort this in time? I would rather set up a payment play than paying in full as I don't really want to ask a family member to help. Thank you

Comment

I think you will struggle to get a seaside seeing as you have known about if for so long however you may be able to make an offer that Lowells will accept as a full and final settlement and they will send you a certificate of satisfaction. Time may be the enemy I am afraid, especially if they are aware you are desperate

Comment

I will pay in full later will this change the status of the CCJ on my file do you think? Thank you for your replies

Comment

Originally posted by dav3te View Post
              I will pay in full later will this change the status of the CCJ on my file do you think? Thank you for your replies
              I see the CCJ was from last year so it may be difficult to get it set aside at this point and the set aside application fee is £155. You'd also need a suitable defence for your application to be considered. :mmph:

If you pay it in full it would show as satisfied and you can even buy a certificate of satisfaction but that's as far as you can get at this stage, the CCJ will still be on record for six years from the date it was recorded.

See here for more info: http://www.trustonline.org.uk/unders...satisfied-ccjs

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Berniethebolt View Post
              I think you will struggle to get a seaside seeing as you have known about if for so long however you may be able to make an offer that Lowells will accept as a full and final settlement and they will send you a certificate of satisfaction. Time may be the enemy I am afraid, especially if they are aware you are desperate
              The certificate of satisfaction is issued by the court and you have to pay £15 for the privilege as noted above. :ohwell:

It would also require payment in full.

Comment

Originally posted by dav3te View Post
                I have been offered a house on affordable rent and when they checked my credit file it said I have a CCJ but I can't go no further, I need to change the CCJ from active to show that I'm doing something about the CCJ. Can this be done by setting up a payment plan or do I need to pay in full?

I have a week to do something about the status of the CCJ can this be done in time? What the best way to sort this in time? I would rather set up a payment play than paying in full as I don't really want to ask a family member to help. Thank you
                If you don't pay it in full it won't show up as satisfied so it won't make any difference from the point of view of the records, however, a payment plan would stop them from attempting to enforce the CCJ. Bear in mind CCJs can be enforced via an attachment of earnings order if you are employed and/or a warrant of control to send bailiffs round, :eek2: however, if you are making the agreed repayments or have paid it in full then no enforcement action can be taken. :thumb:

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I understand that it will stay on my record for 6 years. I just need the CCJ on my file to change from Active to satisfied will this happen if I pay in full and how long would that take to update my file?

Comment

I have paid this in full now, hope BW Legal send me a letter for proof of payment.

What is the next step for getting the CCJ to satisfied status?

Comment

In theory, you just need to show the court evidence it has been paid in full. Some will try to insist you pay for a certificate of satisfaction for them to do this, but under the rules you do not have to.

Comment

Ok thank you nibbler, rang BW Legal earlier and they said they will send a email of proof by the end of the day. Wonder if this will happen?

That should be enough proof for the House we want in the time frame that I have.

Comment

I have received the email of proof and BW Legal are sending confirmation of settlement to CCBC hopefully!

What must I do next? How do I get the courts to settle the CCJ? [MENTION=37786]FlamingParrot[/MENTION]

Thanks
                          Last edited by dav3te; 22nd September 2015, 15:23:PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

If they are sending proof to CCBC then that should be enough on it's own. Can take a few weeks for the registry trust then CRA files to update.

Perhaps check with CCBC in a few days to make sure they got what they need.

Comment

Thanks Nibbler, but don't I need to send the certificate of settlement to the courts? As well as them receiving the proof from BW Legal?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X