• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ on file but 11 year old address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ on file but 11 year old address

Hi all, I'm a first time poster and have spent a few hours looking through your helpful forums.
    I recently looked at my credit file and noticed a CCJ issued against me in November 2014. The address on the Noodle file shows a house that I haven't lived at for 11 years. I have since received an email from BW Legal regarding the CCJ (9 months after it was supposedly issued). To be honest I believe I do owe this money and wish to pay it off, however I am at a crossroads. Icontacted the court and they advised me to contact the Creditor. When I have spoke to BW Legal I do not pass their security checks due to the address issues. I took the debt 6 years ago under my current address so therefore I haven't changed address and there's no reason why this CCJ wasn't issued to my current home. I have requested a copy of the CCJ from BW, but they go very quiet. I want to arrange payment but not to someone who may not own my debt.I provided BW with my correct address (mistake maybe?) and I would like to know if Bailiffs will turn up and seize goods without receiving official paperwork at my correct address Can anyone help on how I proceed?? Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ on file but 11 year old address

Welcome aboard

Originally posted by Yorkboy8 View Post
    Hi all, I'm a first time poster and have spent a few hours looking through your helpful forums.
    I recently looked at my credit file and noticed a CCJ issued against me in November 2014. The address on the Noodle file shows a house that I haven't lived at for 11 years. I have since received an email from BW Legal regarding the CCJ (9 months after it was supposedly issued). To be honest I believe I do owe this money and wish to pay it off, however I am at a crossroads. Icontacted the court and they advised me to contact the Creditor. When I have spoke to BW Legal I do not pass their security checks due to the address issues. I took the debt 6 years ago under my current address so therefore I haven't changed address and there's no reason why this CCJ wasn't issued to my current home. I have requested a copy of the CCJ from BW, but they go very quiet. I want to arrange payment but not to someone who may not own my debt.I provided BW with my correct address (mistake maybe?)
    You have done your bit by contacting them and these days its very easy to find out where people live so it's best to be on top of things. :thumb:
    and I would like to know if Bailiffs will turn up and seize goods without receiving official paperwork at my correct address Can anyone help on how I proceed?? Many Thanks
    Fortunately under new regulations, they need to give you at least 7 days notice (excluding Sundays and BHs) before a bailiff visit. That means you will be able to fill in an N245 form applying to suspend the warrant and make an affordable repayment offer at the same time: http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...s/n245-eng.pdf

Even if bailiffs turned up, you don't have to let them in and they can't force entry, they can only sneak in through an unlocked door. However, they can still seize goods outside your home such as a car, motorbike or bike.

Comment

Thank you for your comment. I have contacted the court to satisfy that BW Legal held the account. I have now emailed BW with full contact details, history of account, explanation of why I hadn't known about the CCJ and questioned why they had this address as debt was taken out under my current home. I have made an offer of an affordable repayment plan. Hopefully this will be accepted and I can clear this without any unwanted visits. Again, Thank you.

Comment

Thank you for your comment. I have contacted the court to satisfy that BW Legal held the account. I have now emailed BW with full contact details, history of account, explanation of why I hadn't known about the CCJ and questioned why they had this address as debt was taken out under my current home. I have made an offer of an affordable repayment plan. Hopefully this will be accepted and I can clear this without any unwanted visits. Again, Thank you.
        Good luck ray: and do keep us posted. :typing:

Comment

Will do, going by the last few weeks, BW won't reply for a few days though. Thanks

Comment

Will do, going by the last few weeks, BW won't reply for a few days though. Thanks
            That's fair enough, they can take as long as they want, :ranger: what you want is to stop them from applying for a warrant to send bailiffs round. If they did even after receiving your repayment offer, it would't make them look very good in court and they need a warrant from the court, even with a CCJ they can't just send bailiffs whenever they want. :thumb:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X