• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Champion soccer looking to recover money from our team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champion soccer looking to recover money from our team

So me and some guys play a Sunday football league! We have since decided to leave it and move onto another league mid-season because we were quite unhappy about how it was managed.

But they are asking for the remainder weeks money which is about £300, although my friend who's name is on the contract is worried they will take legal action and bring the bailiffs round to his!

These are the terms listed
    http://www.pdf.investintech.com/prev...986/index.html

And this is the form which would have been filled out:
    http://form.jotformeu.com/form/50776350755360

The only way out I can see is if we can get another team in for our place!

But how enforceable is the contract? Is there any way we can void it, otherwise we will have to play twice on Sunday which is tiring for some us middle aged men :P

Advice would be great ,
    Tags: None

Re: Champion soccer looking to recover money from our team

I'd say it is - but then what were the grounds on how the league was managed that made you unhappy? As that may amount to breach of contract on their part!

But then again it says fixture fees most be paid prior to the match, it says nothing about fixture fees where you haven't turned up for the fixture, or that all remaining fixture fees become due if you leave the league! And it only says the manager would be liable for outstanding fees i.e fees for fixtures that have occurred in the past but where said fee was not paid! It seems your only liable for fees for fixtures played!

I'd also say section 4 of Fixture commitment section was unenforceable term on the basis its unfair to allow one team to leave if theres a replacement with no penalty and not allow another to leave when there is no replacement and fine them if they do!

I would write back to them asking on what contractual term do they base their position on in regards to payment of future fixtures fees when your team has vacated the league and on what legal basis. As there is no term that permits them to claim fees for remainder of fixtures from a team that has vacated the league and therefore terminated the contractual agreement!.
    Last edited by teaboy2; 23rd July 2015, 23:58:PM.
    Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Sorry to disagree T, but all the organisers have to do is wait until the end of the season then pursue the manager for double match fees for each of the matches missed.
      True they can't charge in advance.
      As you suggested, examine why the team are dissatisfied

Comment

well this is their statement on the About us page on their website
        "
        FA qualified match officials, guaranteeing your team the highest possible standards of refereeing and discipline.
        "
        Simply not true, they don't do anything respect to discipline within the match, Not all referees are FA qualified, and they don't check to see if we are all wearing shin pads and the proper astro turf shoes, We played against a team where some players were not wearing shin pads which the referee ignored.

Sometimes during the winter months when there is less light, the flood lights will cut out during the match and therefore have to leave the game.

Just unprofessionalism i would say is our biggest issue with this league....

I guess we can turn up to the league every sunday until it finishes, the only problem is that we joined another league which means we have to play and pay twice on sunday!

Comment

I think point 1 of the Fixture Payments section contains a full commitment to pay the frees for the entire season.

Sorry.

Comment

Thanks guys, I thought this was the case, we should really blame our manager for doing this!
            I guess we have to play two leagues or find a replacement team to join

Comment

If you can prove that the referee for any particular match is not qualified, or that your proper concerns about safety are not taken into consideration, refuse to play that match and request a refund of match fees.
              That could save tired legs on that day (!) and give you arguing points if you do eventually withdraw from the league.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X