• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car accident vehicle hire debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car accident vehicle hire debt

Originally posted by salahuddin View Post
    Yes they will be paying for the solicitors unless I am being deceitful and we lose the case then I am responsible for all the cost.
    Be Careful. Assuming you are not a fraud and do not act "deceitfully"
    i)what happens if the insurers don't pay?
    ii) will you take them to court?
    iii) if so who will fund your action?
    Is this agreement with the car hire firm in writing? Will the solicitors be asked first to give an opinion on the probable outcome and possible cost implications before being appointed?
    Who pays if you win but don't recoup solicitors costs?

How can I find the person who hit into me? I don't think the insurance company will give private and confidential information out like that.
    No, they probably won't.
    You could try a private tracing agency.
    If you need to sue the driver who collided with your car and you can't trace his current address you you'll have to send the papers to his last known address.
    As he won't receive them, you'll get a court win by default.
    You can then enforce against his insurers
    Hopefully you won't need to go down that route
    Comments in red.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X