• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gave up Santander 123 credit card - two years ago

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave up Santander 123 credit card - two years ago

In May 2013 I received a letter from Santander, notifying me that the interest rate on my 123 credit card would go up to 29.9% APR. The old rate was 18.9% plus the annual fee of Ł24, making it somewhere in the low 20s.

Rate jacking is far too common and, unfortunately, banks are within their rights to do so.

I decided to reject the increase and start repaying the balance of just short of Ł3,700.

Two years on, my balance has halved!

There have been times when I would have liked to have my 123 credit card, but in all honesty, I'm not sure if I ever want to see another credit card in my life.

My intention is to pay all my Santander debts, including my not so small overdraft. Once that's done I will close all my $atan$ accounts and sing "one I'm two leaving three Santander" and so them a finger - can you guess which finger it's going to be?
    Tags: None

Re: Gave up Santander 123 credit card - two years ago

When MBNA sent me a similar letter in 2009 saying the interest rate was going to be something silly like 36% :mad2: I gave them two fingers and stopped paying them! :grin: :grin: :grin: Despite not using the card (it had reached its limit) and keeping up the minimum monthly payments, the balance was increasing rather than going down every month, so the card went over the limit and MBNA started applying overlimit charges. It's been a while since all that and the SBd clock is ticking away very nicely. :clock: :clock: :clock:

Had to repay the Satan's loan though due to risk of set off. Interest on that one was low though, just over 6%. :grin:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X