• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BW legal

Originally posted by Fredag8 View Post
    Thanks FlamingParrot, lots of people had said they'd agreed to pay then BW had taken more than the agreed amount hence my reluctancy to pay them. I copied and pasted it  and emailed it so fingers crossed
    Never agree to Direct Debit or continuous payments via debit cards!
    Always if you decide to pay instalments demand the DCA's bank details and set up a standing order, so you are in total control.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Never agree to Direct Debit or continuous payments via debit cards!
      Always if you decide to pay instalments demand the DCA's bank details and set up a standing order, so you are in total control.

nem
      This proposition is not even on the table
      As for DD , there is of course the DD guarentee although my choice would be standing order

Comment

Ah no i understood that was just explaining why i'd ignored them and not paid, thanks FlamingParrot, lets see what happens! Thanks nem i wasn't sure how i would be able to pay as i wasn't keen on setting up a direct debit but thats sounds great. So am i right in thinking this wont progress whilst I'm waiting for a reply?

- - - Updated - - -

Jon1965 I'm confused, what proposition?

Comment

Ah no i understood that was just explaining why i'd ignored them and not paid, thanks FlamingParrot, lets see what happens! Thanks nem i wasn't sure how i would be able to pay as i wasn't keen on setting up a direct debit but thats sounds great. So am i right in thinking this wont progress whilst I'm waiting for a reply?

- - - Updated - - -

Jon1965 I'm confused, what proposition?
          Don't worry it's meaningless!
          nem

Comment

Thanks nem 😅

Comment

The idea is to stop them from issuing a claim, at the very least it will make them think twice before hitting the button. ray:

In any case, it is your duty under the pre-action conduct quoted above to respond to a letter of claim, and you are doing so. :thumb:

Comment

The proposition that you were going to pay them. At least for now.

Comment

So i am still awaiting a response from lowell however BW legal responded to my email today saying

Dear Mrs xxxxxxxx

We write in reference to the above matter and your recent correspondence.

Before we are able to fully reply we need you to confirm a few Data Protection Questions which we have specified below.

We also need confirmation from you that this is your authorised email address and that you wish us to correspond with you via this address?

Full Name:
                  Full Address & Postcode:
                  DOB:
                  Telephone Contact Number:

Alternatively, please contact our offices on 0113 323 1784 to discuss this matter further.
                  Kind Regards

Do i respond with this information?

Comment

They are sending those verification emails to everyone who contacts them by email it seems. In a way it makes sense because anyone can set up email addresses under any name, using the many free email services around. I've set up quite a few myself over the years.

Did you send the letter on post #9 by email? Although email is a good way to communicate when you are dealing with a court claim and time is of the essence, the more official letters should be sent by post, ideally recorded delivery. A response to a letter of claim should really be sent by recorded post. :typing:

Comment

Oh no! Yes i did, shal i send it by post?

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed BW legal and posted a letter to lowell

Comment

Oh no! Yes i did, shal i send it by post?

- - - Updated - - -

I emailed BW legal and posted a letter to lowell
                        To clarify, the CCA request should have been posted to Lowell with the £1 fee, so that seems to be OK.

The response to the letter of claim should go to BW Legal, recorded delivery so it can be tracked. :typing:

Comment

I would get it sent by post , alternatively you could verify your identity (except your telephone number) as lets face it they have your name and address anyway . If at all possible get it sent by signed for 1st class, if money is tight email and if poss 2nd class with a free proof of posting.

Some will say that the cost is minimal but for people on basic benefits (or even less) every penny counts

Comment

Thanks, i sent the cca to lowell recorded delivery but i emailed BW so il print the letter and send it by recorded delivery also

Comment

Iv just realised the date, the letter from BW said if they had not received payment by 26th and i only posted the letter yesterday and it hasnt been delivered yet. Do you think i should respond to their email or hope for the best?

Comment

It's early yer to check delivery. Leave it till later then send the letter by email saying a hard copy is in the post. I always add this email address is not for correspondence (if that's the case)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X