• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN accumulation £28,412 +costs (Jacobs)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN accumulation £28,412 +costs (Jacobs)

Hi
    I am wondering if an body could give me some concrete advise on PCN debt which has been passed to Jacobs via local council.
    I don't wish to get into the reason for such a high volume of PCN's, let's just say I am a resident parking in a residents bay for the last 30 years and receive 2 parking tickets per day.

Just today I had a rude knock on the door as I was mid changing my little ones nappy, could not leave little one mid change and left the door. As I did not open the door, the door was opened and what I could hear was a man burst through it shouting for my partner.

I immediately got to my feet, baby in arms and fled to the door and was greeted by a baliff inside my property in my hall way from Jacobs asking for my partner.(PCN all in partners name as he is legal owner of vehicle which is on finance)

I asked why he was in my property and could he go back outside and he stuttered and said he was from the court so he's allowed.

I'm aware baliffs cannot enter my property unless from the high court so I just assumed that's what he meant, and with my baby half changed I was a little flustered to be barged in on by the baliff.
    He wasn't rude or bullying but he just out right refused to leave my property, so he tallied a list of what he could from our belongings and made a few phone calls and handed me a 24 hour removal letter and left.

Can somebody now give me some advice on wether this man entered my property illegally or point me in the right direction of how I can find this out, as I don't believe he was instructed by high court, and there is no indication of this on the removal letter he has handed to me.

Any help would be fantastic at this point as I am so scared of someone bursting through the door at any time here.

Thanks so much in advance

Clare
    Tags: None

Re: PCN accumulation £28,412 +costs (Jacobs)

No he's not allowed to enter your property by force, not even high court officers now I believe. Because of his behaviour the removal letter is likely invalid.

Complain in writing to the bailiff company and the council who issued the PCNs

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X