• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Personal Car Hire Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Car Hire Issue

Hello - I am here to ask advice about a Personal Car Hire experience gone bad.

I contacted this PCH online broker at the end of May (23 of May 2015) and I requested a quote which I signed as ok.

After the quote was signed, they presented me with a Personal Car Hire which had a clause titled "Quote Acceptance/Vehicle Order).
    The verbiage reads

'I/we understand that by signing this form, I/we agree to order and accept delivery of the above vehicle/s under the terms specified once a credit line has been established. I/we may be liable for a cancellation fee which is equivalent to the value of the initial rental should I/we choose to cancel the order unless, delivery exceeds the above estimated date without your consent. This is not a credit agreement and all proposals will be subject to acceptance by credit underwriters. Plan will endeavour to adhere to the required delivery date and relay delivery information to me as provided by the manufacturer, although no guarantee can be given.'

The estimated delivery date was 28th of June 2015 (sunday)

As of the 19th of June early afternoon, I had not hear from them. So I sent a follow up email (all our correspondence is in writing) and asked how much longer I had to wait.

They told me they would deliver the finance agreement no later that Tuesday 23rd of June and that the car would need 7-10 days from the acceptance of the paperwork to be delivered to me.

I replied immediately telling them it was not acceptable to wait another 2 weeks.

On the 22th of June I saw an email that had been sent at 18:00 with the agreements, It needed witnesses and I work all day at client site so I could not get it done until Friday night (26/6) and sent it out next day delivery on Saturday (27/6).

The agreements were rejected because I had signed a part of the documents I should have not.

I printed, signed, found a witness and posted new documents again, they were again rejected because a space was blank.

The broker refused to accepted electronic copies of the documents saying they were legal documents and they needed the originals.

The Personal Car Hire quotation though was accepted in electronic form.

After the documents were rejected the last time, I really could not wait any longer (I am a consultant and throughtout all this I had to rent a car to be able to go to work everyday) so I requested they canceled the order.

They had not ordered the car (which they said would be ordered after the documents had been accepted) and, to speed up delivery, they had offered a car that was already in stock at the dealer.

Once I requested to cancel, I received bill for 780GBP which they are not willing to negotiate but they will reduce to 500 if I make a payment in full by 15th of July.

Does someone have any advice? Thank you!!!!
    Tags: None

Re: Personal Car Hire Issue

Does anyone have any advice they are willing to share on my issue? It would be really appreciated!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X