• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot, Restons and the CCJ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot, Restons and the CCJ

Hello everyone,
    Firstly i wish i had found this site in November then maybe i would not have this CCJ.

Anyway some back story, I finally cracked after a spell off pressure from Restons, not going to lie the debt was mine for a Credit Card. But i just wanted that nagging worry out of the back of my mind. I thought we were going to be able to come to some amicable agreement but what ever i offered was never enough and the debt ended as a CCJ against me.

This took place with the CCJ issued from the Northampton Bulk Centre in November 2014.

Today i received a letter from Restons.

Dear Sir,

We are instructed to review the instalment programme payable on this account.

Your current arrangement is for payments of £60.00 monthly on the same date each calendar month.

In view of the time that has elapsed since this programme was agreed, we feel it appropriate to review your payments. Please complete the enclosed questionnaire with your offer and return to us no later than Tuesday, July 7 2015.

It then goes on to offer me an opportunity to clear the account at a discount.

My questions are, do they have the right to mess with the agreed CCJ amount? Can i ignore this as an attempt to squeeze more money out of me?

the questionnaire is an income/expenditure form.

Is a CCJ reviewable?

Many Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Tags: None

Re: Cabot, Restons and the CCJ

Hi again,

I've been trawling the internet trying to find any information about creditors reviewing CCJpayments all to no avail.

If anyone has come across this before or knows of a resource I can look at I really would appreciate it. Time is running out to reply and I really don't want to inflame the situation.

Thanks and regards,
    D.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter1974 View Post
      Hello everyone,
      Firstly i wish i had found this site in November then maybe i would not have this CCJ.

Anyway some back story, I finally cracked after a spell off pressure from Restons, not going to lie the debt was mine for a Credit Card. But i just wanted that nagging worry out of the back of my mind. I thought we were going to be able to come to some amicable agreement but what ever i offered was never enough and the debt ended as a CCJ against me.

This took place with the CCJ issued from the Northampton Bulk Centre in November 2014.

Today i received a letter from Restons.

Dear Sir,

We are instructed to review the instalment programme payable on this account.

Your current arrangement is for payments of £60.00 monthly on the same date each calendar month.

In view of the time that has elapsed since this programme was agreed, we feel it appropriate to review your payments. Please complete the enclosed questionnaire with your offer and return to us no later than Tuesday, July 7 2015.

It then goes on to offer me an opportunity to clear the account at a discount.

My questions are, do they have the right to mess with the agreed CCJ amount? Can i ignore this as an attempt to squeeze more money out of me?

the questionnaire is an income/expenditure form.

Is a CCJ reviewable?

Many Thanks in advance for any advice.
      Hi welcome,
      Reston's "we'll do you a favour" by allowing you a discount they try this approach regularly.

How much was the judgement for in total?

Have your received statements showing payments made and the decreasing balance at least once a year?

My feeling is not to ignore just reply that you are reviewing your options and commitments and will
      revert to them as and when you reach a decision as to if you may need to apply to the court for a reduction
      in the monthly amount of if you may e able to maintain the current level.
      You Do Not have to agree to increase payment, but you do need to find out how much is still owed.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
        Hi welcome,
        Reston's "we'll do you a favour" by allowing you a discount they try this approach regularly.

How much was the judgement for in total?

Have your received statements showing payments made and the decreasing balance at least once a year?

My feeling is not to ignore just reply that you are reviewing your options and commitments and will
        revert to them as and when you reach a decision as to if you may need to apply to the court for a reduction
        in the monthly amount of if you may e able to maintain the current level.
        You Do Not have to agree to increase payment, but you do need to find out how much is still owed.

nem
        Hi Nem thanks for the reply,

The total judgement was for £5737.22.

No statements recieved yet but the CCJ has only been inplace for 7 payments so far. But now i know its something i'll keep an eye on. They did however include my current balance £5377.22.

Is there anything i need to avoid putting in the letter and should i return the income expediture sheet?

Many Thanks for your time
        D.

Comment

Hi Nem thanks for the reply,

The total judgement was for £5737.22.

No statements recieved yet but the CCJ has only been inplace for 7 payments so far. But now i know its something i'll keep an eye on. They did however include my current balance £5377.22.

Is there anything i need to avoid putting in the letter and should i return the income expediture sheet?

Many Thanks for your time
          D.
          Hi Dexter,
          Your choice you don't have to return the I& E the court ordered a payment level and frequency and unless
          a review date was part of the judgement order they can whistle!!

Thank them for prompting you to review the payments and that you have concluded that the payment
          level must remain the same and if your finances change you make have to ask the court to reduce them
          significantly.
          Reston will know all to well that would have to get the courts permission to increase the level ordered and
          courts are reluctant so to do in most cases.

nem
          Last edited by Kati; 10th August 2015, 10:01:AM.

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thanks for your time. Fingers crossed and letter sent.

Regards, D.

Comment

Hi Nem,

Thanks for your time. Fingers crossed and letter sent.

Regards, D.
              Ok Dexter, Keep us posted on the outcome please!

em

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Ok Dexter, Keep us posted on the outcome please!

em
                Hi, thought I'd leave it a while as I know Restons can drag their feet in responding. Happy to say Thus far i haven't heard anything.

Thanks again for the advise and putting my mind at ease

D.

Comment

Just a point here to consider.
                  You haven't said much about the account, but if it got this far there will have been a lot of penalty charges added on. How much do they total?

It is still possible to mount an action yourself to reclaim these charges, plus interest - I've done it from Citibank even though a DCA had obtained a CCJ. In my case I was paid the money and not required to offset it against the outstanding amount.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X