• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed Cabot

Originally posted by Jayd123 View Post
    Thank you so much for your help.

Would I just send the letter to Northampton business center?

Also what happens when the 28 days end do I just file my defense of o hear nothing, or should I chase it?
    Yes, the letter goes to Northampton. The maximum extension is 28 days but the idea is that they should supply you with the documents so definitely chase them. Of course you still have to submit a defence to avoid default judgment. Can I ask how much are they claiming?

Comment

They are claiming £2333 from a old lloyds credit card.

Comment

How old? Did you take it out before or after April 2007? It's not statute barred, is it?

Comment

Sadly not, I defaulted in January 2011, I had a agreement paying lloyds and they just sold the debt on.

Comment

Hi,

I chased up NCC business centre today regarding the info i sent of Mortimer Clarke agreeing to a extension.

the woman on the phone said it wouldnt make any difference and i should still enter my defense before july the 13th as aftet that period it will be sent back to mortimer clarke.

i rang back as the women didnt really seem to have a clue and got someone even worse. saying they have no got on documents and are working on a back log from june 23rd

what should i do?

thank you

Comment

Hi,

I chased up NCC business centre today regarding the info i sent of Mortimer Clarke agreeing to a extension.

the woman on the phone said it wouldnt make any difference and i should still enter my defense before july the 13th as aftet that period it will be sent back to mortimer clarke.

i rang back as the women didnt really seem to have a clue and got someone even worse. saying they have no got on documents and are working on a back log from june 23rd

what should i do?

thank you
              Court staff are under extreme pressure at present, they can only give you
              the information that they have.

You need to prepare a draft defence on the basis the documents have not been disclosed you have 10 days in which to do this, so it's possible that the information will come before the 13th.

nem

Comment

Ok thank you,

May sound silly but should I enter my defense now, will it take 10 days for them to process it? I don't want to wait a week enter it and then find out it will take another 10 days.

Thank you for your help

Comment

It will get processed as and when, as long as you get your defence in on time you are safe
                  from any chance of them getting judgement by default, the court will copy your defence to the
                  claimant who then has 28 days to respond.

nem

Comment

Hi,

what should i do?

thank you
                    It's a well known fact that court staff shouldn't give advice, even though in this case it's procedural advice as opposed to legal advice and they should know at least that side of things. There is no reason why their agreement to an extension should be 'sent back to Mortimer Clarke'. That statement makes no sense whatsoever. :confused2:

Someone else had a similar experience yesterday, also checking up about their extension. At first they were told they hadn't received anything but later in the day they rang again and they had received the notification of agreement to an extension. As the 13th is still 10 days away, I'd suggest checking again sometime next week. hone:

Ok thank you,

May sound silly but should I enter my defense now, will it take 10 days for them to process it? I don't want to wait a week enter it and then find out it will take another 10 days.

Thank you for your help
                    No, it doesn't matter how long it takes for the court to process your defence in terms of sending it to the claimant, what matters is that you submit it before the 13th, that is provided there is no record of an extension being agreed.

Although it's still a little early for that, this is where you find examples of a generic defence based around lack of documents: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...t-Court-Claims :thumb:

Comment

Ok thank you,

Keeping it simple Jayd yes file the defence, the court staff as said are under
                      extreme pressure!! As long as you have fulfilled your obligations required
                      under court procedure you have an advantage.

nem

Thank you for your help
                      Yes do it now.

Comment

Hi all,

Recived a letter this morning from Mortimer Clarke. It reads

We have received your defense
                        We are continuing to liaise with our client we will come back to you when we have a update. In the mean time the matter has been placed on hold.

How long do they have before to get back to me?

Comment

Hi all,

We are continuing to liaise with our client we will come back to you when we have a update. In the mean time the matter has been placed on hold.

Once they receive your defence, they have 28 days to respond to the court to say whether they intend to proceed or not. If they don't respond, the case will be stayed. MC are probably waiting to see if Cabot are able to obtain any documents and may not have responded to the court yet. You will only hear from the court if they respond saying either that they wish to proceed or they are discontinuing the claim. ray: If the just leave it stayed, you won't be informed of that fact.

Comment

Hi all,

Cabot has 28 days to respond to your defence.
                            If they don't respond in time the court will stay the claim, you will
                            not be informed if this happens so keep a close check on time expired
                            if you hear nothing by the end of the 28 days check with the court on
                            the status of the claim.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X