• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lowells! reconstituted agreement|????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowells! reconstituted agreement|????

they have sent me a copy of the terms and conditions and a few copy statements from 2009 but i had the card from 1998:doggieyes:
    Tags: None

Re: lowells! reconstituted agreement|????

Hello Wheels, welcome to LB,

The details/history of this is more than a little sparse can give us
    some details please.
    However I can tell you what a " reconstituted " agreement " Must have
    to be compliant.

1. Your name and address AS IT WAS when the account was opened.

2. The Creditors name and address when the account was opened.

3. All the T's & C's as at the inception of the account.

4. The T's & C's in force when the account was closed.

5. Any material amendments made during the life of the
    account.

6. Any other documents mentioned in the T's & C's.

What type of account is this? Credit Card/Unsecured loan/HP ??

When was this account defaulted?

When was the last payment/written acknowledgment made.

Is this still on your credit files?

nem

Comment

hiya, sorry... barclaycard that i took out in 1998, have ignored as was a debt my ex hubby left me in, recently i sent them a cca request. originally they wrote back saying they could not find original agreement. now 6 weeks down the line i have had a few statements from 2009/10 and a terms and conditions jargon and a letter explaining that it is now reconsititued and is now paypable immediately

Comment

Originally posted by wheels2011 View Post
        hiya, sorry... barclaycard that i took out in 1998, have ignored as was a debt my ex hubby left me in, recently i sent them a cca request. originally they wrote back saying they could not find original agreement. now 6 weeks down the line i have had a few statements from 2009/10 and a terms and conditions jargon and a letter explaining that it is now reconsititued and is now paypable immediately
        To comply with the requirements of s78 they must give you a true copy of the executed agreement. This must include any and all terms incorperated into the contract such as PPI terms and conditions as an example. There is case law on this point see Kotecha v Phoenix

The problem that lowells have it seems if youre right, then they havent complied with s78 as they need to give you the original agreement or a true copy of it, the terms applicable at the point of the s78 request and a statement as set down in s78(1)(a-c) CCA

Lowells often get it wrong, so dont worry too much
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

So Paul, worth pointing out their errors? Or just sit tight and see how much further they drop themselves in it?

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
            So Paul, worth pointing out their errors? Or just sit tight and see how much further they drop themselves in it?
            Id write to them telling them that youre reporting their conduct to the FCA for breaching the Consumer Credit Handbook, and then id report them.

The more that complain the quicker action will be taken.

Look at HFO Capital, they got nailed cos people complained.

I wouldnt however tell them everything theyve done wrong, as you want them to cock up again so you can report them again and so that any court action they may take could raise questions over their credibility to be able to provide the r ight documents
            I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Yes, that sounds a good balance.

Comment

wow thanks! so do I reply? and if so what do you suggest i write..thanks in advance

Comment

Start by having a look through relevant sections of http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/FCA/CONC to see what or where they are contravening, and/or trying to mislead you over their obligations and the legal position.

Sure others may help you with wording, but also helps to have read though so you understand the basis of what you are writing.

Comment

wow thanks! so do I reply? and if so what do you suggest i write..thanks in advance
                    When writing to Lowell it's best to keep things simple>

Mr Andrew Bartle
                    COO
                    The Lowell Group.

Date
                    Ref: use Lowells

Dear Mr Bartle,

I refer to Lowell's letter dated................... and the enclosed " reconstituted" credit agreement Lowell alleges is a "true" copy of that relating to the alleged debt Lowell is currently pursuing, please note the " reconstituted" agreement does not satisfy the requirement set out in CCA 1974 (as amended) and it is therefore rejected.

I have no doubt Lowell is fully aware of the non compliance of this document as has used it in an attempt to convince me of it's right to pursue the alleged debt.
                    A report to the FCA informing it of the conduct of Lowell in this is being prepared for immediate dispatch without further reference to Lowell.

Perhaps Lowell should now take a " commercial " view of this matter and close the file.

amend as necessary.

nem

signed for post check delivery

- - - Updated - - -

When writing to Lowell it's best to keep things simple>

Mr Andrew Bartle
                    COO
                    The Lowell Group.

Date
                    Ref: use Lowells

Dear Mr Bartle,

I refer to Lowell's letter dated................... and the enclosed " reconstituted" credit agreement Lowell alleges is a "true" copy of that relating to the alleged debt Lowell is currently pursuing, please note the " reconstituted" agreement does not satisfy the requirement set out in CCA 1974 (as amended) and it is therefore rejected.

I have no doubt Lowell is fully aware of the non compliance of this document as has used it in an attempt to convince me of it's right to pursue the alleged debt.
                    A report to the FCA informing it of the conduct of Lowell in this is being prepared for immediate dispatch without further reference to Lowell.

Perhaps Lowell should now take a " commercial " view of this matter and close the file.

amend as necessary.

nem

signed for post check delivery

Comment

You have a problem with your browser Nem? 2nd or 3rd double post.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                        You have a problem with your browser Nem? 2nd or 3rd double post.
                        Severe thunder storms, but all other sites seem ok ??

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X