• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

after bankruptcy what next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after bankruptcy what next?

Hi not sure about this question but here goes; What happens after a bankruptcy term has finished does it all go back as before minus the debts? and if the person has been placed with trustees are all the assets sold or do they get to keep anything? The reason i ask is that in September last year i applied for a charging order against a person and property but was told the said person was a bankrupt. I checked on the London Gazette website but the information is almost 2 years old with no real outcome, i also checked the courts website where the original claim was filed but it shows nothing. i want to try again but am hesitant because of costs any advice please. i searched all the property websites but none of his properties seem to be for sale but the main home property looks to be up for rent.
    Tags: None

Re: after bankruptcy what next?

Were you taking court action for a debt or liability they owed from before or after the date of their bankruptcy order?

I would presume from before if you were told that, but need to double check anyway.

The Gazette entry should give the Office details for his trustee/OR, so they are the ones to query the current status of the case with. i.e. whether he has been discharged, or the BR annulled, overturned, etc.

Last edited by Nibbler; 21st April 2015, 11:32:AM.

Comment

Nibbler, How perfect was that reply!! thank you,
      we started this action ( because he wouldn't return deposit) during his BR, the trustee's have told us we couldn't be included as a creditor because we had gone past the date to claim, I tried to explain that we didn't know that he was a bankrupt at the time we were renting from him {he only ever wanted cash, the deposit and 3 months in advance} and that he had taken this money from us but terminated the agreement after 11 weeks, 2 weeks before Housing Benefit was due to start, because when we filled in HB application he insisted the HB be paid directly to him, I think he then realised the HB would have to be paid into a bank account which meant the trustees would find out he was getting money and was trying to hide it. it just doesn't seem right that we should lose over £2000 because of this man's deceit.

Comment

Just briefly I feel you need to look into the rules of bankruptcy and whether he has broken any laws. I know with my bankruptcy I had to inform everybody I was dealing with especially about credit especially after bankruptcy. I am unsure how it is with your situation but I am sure you should have been told prior to any dealings.

Comment

Hi meellis, you are very right in what you say, only Mr cleverclogs thought he could beat the system, he was made Bankrupt in the June and we rented from him in August, the trustees didn't know about the property he was renting out and certainly didn't know we were tenants, well not until i told them, their reply was that he should have told them and we should not have rented the property from him without their permission, crazy when we didn't know about his situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X