• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgement set aside - what do I do next? (Bryan Carter/Lowell)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judgement set aside - what do I do next? (Bryan Carter/Lowell)

Hi

I have a CCJ on my credit file since January regarding a 10 year old account which I haven't paid for over 6 years. BC say it is not statute barred as a payment was made on the account in 2011 (4 months before the 6 years was up) of £9.59.

I have been to the court today, showed a copy of emails between myself and Creation Finance where I asked for any account information they have and their reply saying the account is purged as they only keep records for 6 years. The judge said this backs up my defence and agreed to set aside the judgement.

So, now it is going to a small claims hearing, what do I need to do for this?

The judge at first said the onus was on me to prove I did not make the payment, is this because the judgement was already against me? He later said BC would need to show evidence of the payment at the hearing.

Now it is set aside, does this mean it steps back and I can now write to BC and request that payment info so that I provide proof I didn't make it?

Apologies if I appear not to know what I am talking about....I don't! Fortunately the judge was fair.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Judgement set aside - what do I do next? (Bryan Carter/Lowell)

How it was paid by whom and method of payment evidence from them? I suggest, basically proof of payment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X