• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Noddle will not remove statute barred debt from credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noddle will not remove statute barred debt from credit file

Hi Guy, I have a statute barred debt on my Noddle Credit file. The default date was 31/03/2009. I have requested that they remove it but they have refused. I had another debt will same default date and that automatically came off. Can they refuse to move it?

Equifax does not have it on my credit report so why should Noddle keep it on?

Thanks for any answers I get

Cheeky Monkey
    Tags: None

Re: Noddle will not remove statute barred debt from credit file

Data Protection Act 1998 makes it clear that data must be accurate and where necessary up to date. This data should be removed if it has been over 6 years since the default.

I would complain to the ICO about this and ask them to order the Data be rectified.
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Just a few things to check?

- Can you post up the wording of their refusal please?

- What is the "Date report created" on your Noddle report?

Noddle is a monthly snapshot of your Callcredit report, which is only created at most once per month, and does not change in-between no matter what. So need to check whether this is a genuine refusal to remove the entry, or simply them saying that they won't remove it from the snapshot you see until it updates again? i.e. it may be gone from the Callcredit database any potential lender would query, but just be lagging on Noddle as it's not updated yet?

Note: ONLY YOU see the Noddle snapshot.

Comment

I'm afraid I am not a fan of Noddle at all. The information they hold on me is very inaccurate and out of date You get what you pay for in life and I am a subscriber of Experian. I really wish I could back a free product, but unfortunately in this case you get what you pay for - or not in this case.

On the upside, when you ask Banks/Finance Companies what credit reference agencies they use to check your credit rating they say Experian/Equifax - not Noddle.

Comment

It's good for some people, not so much for others, depending to a large degree what you want and what you expect.

In my case it shows all accounts it should, and updates when it should - when it updates. So very good for absolutely free.

Like anything you have to understand it's limitations though. As it is free, it comes with those.

- It's a snapshot of the Callcredit database/report, which tends to be the least reported to or checked by companies, so may not contain some accounts that appear on Experian or Equifax.
          - It's a monthly snapshot, so it only gets refreshed once per month or less, no matter what, so it won't show any changes until you get the next snapshot available.
          - As a snapshot, it may not be what a lender searching your file would see, if something has changed in the interim between updates.

There is however no substitute for an up to date report from Experain, Equifax and possibly Callcredit, if you want want the most comprehensive and up to date picture.

Comment

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I am still awaiting the full reason from Noddle as to why they will not remove a Statute Barred debt. I also have a disoute with them regarding a CCJ Notice that the Registry Trust has already had set aside with Equifax but Noddle are very slow of the mark.

You mention CallCredit, but that is a parent company of Noddle. I have already complained to them regarding this matter and threatened The Financial Ombudsman. Lets wait and see what they say.

Thank you again for all your comments

Comment

Nothing to do with FOS, The information Commissioners Office Regulates the Credit Reference Agencies.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by cheekymonkey1971 View Post
                Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I am still awaiting the full reason from Noddle as to why they will not remove a Statute Barred debt. I also have a disoute with them regarding a CCJ Notice that the Registry Trust has already had set aside with Equifax but Noddle are very slow of the mark.

You mention CallCredit, but that is a parent company of Noddle. I have already complained to them regarding this matter and threatened The Financial Ombudsman. Lets wait and see what they say.

Thank you again for all your comments
                You don't explain as asked when your Noddle report was created/dated, and so for all we know you could be looking at a Noddle report that is out of date as it's not had it's monthly update since the information changed.

From the Noddle site.

• Was hasn’t my credit report refreshed?

Your Noddle credit report updates exactly 30 days after your last refresh, to the minute. I.e. if it last refreshed on 01 March at 5pm, it will update again when you log in after 5pm on 31 March (30 days later).
                Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                Nothing to do with FOS, The information Commissioners Office Regulates the Credit Reference Agencies.
                If the account is a consumer credit one, or a direct issue with the CRA, then you certainly can take it to the FOS.

ICO and FOS can both take complaints.

ICO on data protection and accuracy issues. FOS partly on those issues if applicable, and also matters of fair treatment etc.

It is an odd area of crossover, but on the other had you can exploit it via complaints to both.
                Last edited by Nibbler; 21st April 2015, 07:01:AM.

Comment

The point is this is purely a data protection matter the ICO is the proper regulator. I've seen complaints like this many times and if reported to FOS the complainant is referred to the ICO.

nem

Comment

And I have seen many where the FOS has dealt with it.

Have had one recently where the ICO neglected to apply their own guidelines on data protection and reporting of defaults, but the FOS decided they had done so incorrectly and order the creditor to correct the entries.

They are admittedly about as consistent as the ICO can be. i.e. not very. But that is par for the course.

Sometime thgey will fob you off as you have mentioned. Sometimes they will deal with it.

This, especially if a failing in the CRAs internal procedures, is certainly something they could deal with.
                    Last edited by Nibbler; 21st April 2015, 08:24:AM.

Comment

cheekymoney:

Can you give us the date of the Noddle report you are seeing the entry on?

This is the date the report was created from the CC database as a static snapshot.

The date is given on the front page of your report like this:

Can you tell us the Date report created that shows please?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X