• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

taken to court a finance company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taken to court a finance company

Hi guys
    In January 2007 i took a loan with a finance company which was payable over 36months and about 16 months down the line, that company offered to top up my loan. They cleared the first loan and gave me the balance. Both loans had ppi which covered unemployment. After making one months payment for the second agreement I lost my job. I told the finance company to make a ppi claim and they would not have none of it and told me that I should pay my loan even though I was no longer working. At one stage because of pressure they were putting on me I offered 10 ponds per month until I had change in my circumstances and the finance manager told me that they were not a charity organisation and said why did I take that loan in the first place yet they offered me and said I was covered by ppi.
    So now they took me to court when I changed address and obtained a ccj. I have applied to court to have it set aside and then I wish to challenge the whole claim on the basis that had they not told me that I was covered by ppi, I would not have entered into an agreement with them. Any advice out these are.
    Tags: None

Re: taken to court a finance company

Hi and welcome aboard

Have you already submitted your application to the court? Did you notify them of your new address? If not, they are allowed to serve at your last known address and this could be an issue. :ohwell:

These threads may be useful:

Comment

Re: taken to court a finance company

I have already made my application to have the ccj set aside and the hearing is in seven days time. Unfortunately, when the legal proceedings were started that's when I had just moved from previous address and I have a letter from my previous house provider instructing me to vacate the premises almost just at the time when the company made a court claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X