• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CFD Trading Loss Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFD Trading Loss Issue

Hello, not sure if this site can help me with this CFD trading issue.

I recently signed up to a CFD (Contract for Differences) trading platform. They offer incentives if you transfer money into your real (Live) trading account. They were offering £1200 for adding £7500 so I added £15000 hoping to get double (I know). In the end I received only the £1200 and that was still great ... but ... what happened next is I automatically continued trading in Oil using what I thought was my demo account. What I didn't realize is that I was using my 'real' trading account which looks identical in coloring and layout. There are only a few small differences. As I had been trading for months in my demo account I was so used to doing that and not using real money that I was happy to let the trade run. The other issue was when I switched between accounts my demo account had a £15k balance still showing and I therefore thought my real money was still in my account and safe. Long story short, I ended up losing £13k. When I contacted the company and told them they said it was my fault and I could not get my money back. I am writing this here in case there is any consumer/trading law which will help argue that because the trading accounts are identical it was/is very easy to accidentally trade using the wrong account!

Any thoughts? I know I should have avoided it altogether but hoping there is a legal loophole to help me get out of this unwanted loss.

Re: CFD Trading Loss Issue

Were you informed that you Could lose money dealing in this way?

Are they regulated by any authority you can go to for help this may be a very expensive lesson for you

Comment

Re: CFD Trading Loss Issue

Thank you for responding. It is much appreciated. The company are reputable and all of the correct legal disclaimers (risks) were given and I was fully aware of them. My issue is to do with the ease at which I could trade between their demo and real trading accounts which look identical and the wording can easily be missed/confused as to which one you are in. I am currently asking them to change the coloring and wording to distinguish the two accounts so that there is no risk of trading in the wrong one. I was just wondering on here if someone knew of a trading law that says it was too easy for me to have mistaken their real and demo accounts hence they should refund me the loss. It was worth asking other legal minds on here just in case there was a way to recoup the loss...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X