• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

brighthouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brighthouse

Hello I have 7 agreement with bright house totaling 120.00 a week and at the beginning it was not my intention to sell most of the items i did due to gambling problems. I still pay for the items and not missed a payment, due to unforeseen circumstances i no longer can afford to pay the full amount, i want to pay i just can't. I'm scared now that if I tell the truth they will.call the police and I get in trouble, its more then 10 grand I owe them and I got a young family and don't want to go to prison, I just feel like ending it all now as I can't see no way out
    Tags: None

Re: brighthouse

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.
    I think you should go to CAB they may be able to help with Brighthouse and come clean about the sale of the goods.
    The only way to reduce payments is to cancel the optional cover from what I can gather, they do not seem to accept lesser payments but CAB may have more clout with them.
    CAB will also be able to put you in touch with someone to help with your gambling problem. I doubt you would solve your debt problems by gambling, only one winner in the end on that score and it's not the punter.
    There is always a way out, you just have to face it and tackle it as best you can with any help you need on the way.
    As for ending it all now, just have a look at your young family, how would they ever get over something like that.
    Be straight with your wife/partner too a problem shared and all that.
    Good Luck and hopefully someone else will give you some better advice than I have .
    Enaid x

Comment

Go to CAB or anywhere you can to get help do not worry about Brighthouse until you can sort the problems you have.
      You ar taking the right steps forward help is there you must go for it/

GOOD LUCK

Comment

hi, I am in slightly the same situation, i was wondering how you got on with sorting out your situation?
        i was a few weeks behind on 45 a week payment tried to pay at the shop one week of payments but they said they wouldnt accept part payments, then a month later they did but i have 645 arrears now. I have tried to speak to customer relations they said they would send a letter with my options but said they wouldnt accept the 300 a month i was offering which was 200 for my normal payment plus 100 off my arrears and said best to wait till they sell on the debt to jeffersons capital, i am now waiting contact from jeffersons. I have the bed and xbox but sold the 2 tablets as i had rent arrears and other debts and was in a bad head space, i didnt know what to do, Im now expecting a baby and so worried.

Comment

Hi jeanete and welcome, sorry to hear of your situation but reading between the lines you have more problems than just Brighthouse on your plate.
          I would suggest a visit to your local CAB they maybe help if you have more priority debts than Brighthouse and get things in perspective for you, if this is not possible then maybe a little more info on what's going on re your debts and folks on here maybe able to help you and try get things in order before you are stressed out especially in your condition. If you do decide to ask for help on here then please start a new thread in this forum http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Money-amp-Debt as this will get more attention than being on the end of someone else's thread
          Good Luck enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X