• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Report

I recently obtained an up-to-date Credit Report from Equifax. This made very surprising reading because not only were some of my CCJs not on there - which I know disappear after time anyway - but the vast majority of my Credit Agreements weren't on there either. Is there a reason for this?
    Tags: None

Re: Credit Report

Hi, All defaulted debts are removed on the 6th anniversary of the default date paid or not.
    Some accounts are removed by a creditor when it sells debts on.
    If you have a debt with Welcome finance it could have been removed while " problems" are being sorted out.
    It would be wise to check another CRA as well.

Comment

Thanks for your comment. Does this imply that 'sold on' debts can come back onto my record at a later stage?

In addition, I see several smaller debts on my record that are shown as "Settled" and have a zero balance, even though I have done nothing about them. What is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by andy338 View Post
        Thanks for your comment. Does this imply that 'sold on' debts can come back onto my record at a later stage?

In addition, I see several smaller debts on my record that are shown as "Settled" and have a zero balance, even though I have done nothing about them. What is going on here?
        Yes andy any debt sold on to a debt purchaser ( providing the debt is still live) should be reported to the CRA's in the form of an up date of the original creditors entry.
        The Default Date must remain the same as the original entry.
        Those debt marked settled are shown this way as a debt purchaser has paid the creditor for the debt.
        As above the debt purchaser should up date files with its datails.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X