• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ -not aware -don't owe anything

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ -not aware -don't owe anything

Hi,

In 2012 I got CCJ put against me by my previous landlord, He claimed that I did not pay him 10 months rent for the period I rented his residential property during Sept. 2009 and April 2010 ( for 8 months he claimed 10).
    I had settled all his dues and he finally refunded my deposit in May 2010 into my bank account.

After 2 and half years he realized I owe him money? he clearly his cheating. I was not aware of the judgement as all the correspondence was going on the property address I had rented from him.
    I recently became aware of the this fact, and I enquired about it I tried contact him, and to my sorry, he (the landlord) expired in June 2013.

Now I do not have any other proof except the amount he refunded into my bank account that we had settled all due, How I can get rid of this default or CCJ ?
    Any advice please, I shall be grateful to you.

Re: CCJ -not aware -don't owe anything

Any clue, please.

Comment

:bump:

Comment

You need to apply to the court to have the CCJ set aside stating that you dispute the debt and have only just become aware of the CCJ after searching your credit file.

Without mentioning you are aware the claimant (your old landlord) is now dead. This way the set aside should not be disputed and should be ordered as there is no one to dispute it (other than any surviving relatives).
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hello, Many thanks for your advice.
          just one more question, will requesting the court to set aside the judgement, will remove it from my credit history?
          and yes there are surviving relatives, whom I had been requesting it remove, who did agreed in principal initially, but does not reply to any correspondence now.

How I can get rid of it?

Best Regards,

Comment

If you successfully get the CCJ set aside it should update on your credit file. 1st step is to actually get it set aside.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X