• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paid into wrong account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paid into wrong account

Glad to hear your wife received a refund kensh and I do agree there should be changes, however, the inclusion of the recipients name as well as being expensive to implement ( my heart bleeds for them) would also create even more confusion, errors and delays to what is already an inefficient system.

There needs to be a regulatory change to misdirected payments, not just guidance as it stands at the minute.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks righty - In fact Santander told me that one reason why they could not do more was because my wife had "requested" the money to go into the recipient's account. That is a strange interpretation of the word "request" which I personally do not accept. My wife's desire was to transfer money into her brother,s account - the fact that it was misdirected into the unknown recipients account does not constitute a request for it to be placed there.

Comment

Yes I can see that now - thank you -and I can assure you we are not taking the bank's money and running - the recipient has £118.00 which they are not entitled to and unless someone stands up and says this is wrong then next time some poor person who can ill afford it will misdirect a payment of £1180.00 and the bank will a) contact the recipient but then close the case when there is no response and b) say there is nothing more they can do as the transfer was "requested." So lets see how the CEO responds and also what action the FOB will take

Comment

FOS not FOB sorry

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X