• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paid into wrong account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paid into wrong account

Originally posted by Tools View Post
    How about an NPO righty? Norwich Pharmacal Order
    Yup very popular at the moment that is. Barrister friend of mine uses it continuously to dig up the dirt on his clients adversaries:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Ironic or what

Just Googled NPO & find that this year Santander got 4 NPO's against Nat West requiring Nat West to give up the names of 4 people who had received money by mistake

Comment

Which is why I suggested it, also looking into that for the ebay scams & Barclays
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Which is why I suggested it, also looking into that for the ebay scams & Barclays
          Excellent Idea

Comment

yes but was exploring it more before suggesting it, feel free to discuss it with me by PM so we don't hijack this thread
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Forgot to mention but that's an awful lot of NPO's Still after a couple perhaps ebay & the banks might just get the message I do something positive for a change

Comment

Originally posted by Kensh View Post
                Brilliant - ombudsman next stop Thanks v much again :tinysmile_twink_t2:
                Tools and Righty try this case: http://www.bailii.org/cgi-bin/markup...method=boolean

There is something called a Norwich Pharmcal Order.

I kinda picked it from here: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/s...-accident.html

I then work backwards. I am not 100% certain how this works but the OP might be able to use the court system to get the bank to return funds. I hope this might help.
                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

How about an NPO righty? Norwich Pharmacal Order
                  Good idea Nattie

Comment

Yes Nattie good idea Tools & I have discussed this

Comment

An NPO means that we don't have to prove the bank is guilty of wrongdoing. Even if innocent as the channel used by the wrongdoers they HAVE to comply with the order

Comment

Has anyone suggested a Formal Complaint to the CEO at Satan's Bank it's often been successful in getting things put right very quickly?

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their advice- I have taken all on board and will act accordingly and will also keep everyone informed. At present waiting for promised call from Santander- I think they are in for a surprise !! Letter to CEO - Financial Ombudsman Services NCP etc !

Comment

Whoops NPO !

Comment

Well done Kensh, this is an easy mistake for anyone to make especially as to banking on line is now becoming the 'norm'
                              If the error had have been on the other foot it would have all been sorted within a banking day.
                              Good Luck
                              Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                                Has anyone suggested a Formal Complaint to the CEO at Satan's Bank it's often been successful in getting things put right very quickly?
                                They will hide behind the Data Protection Act which I do understand. The article that Enaid has now got as a stickie in this section quite clearly shows their reasons why. At the moment, the NPO is imho the only option available to the OP because no other option is currently available. If a CEO letter or email had been the most appropriate way forward then righty,tools and myself would have suggested it.
                                I personally don't think it will help but I am going to suggest an option which will incorporate what you've suggesting within the option of writing via email. Link it to this thread and specifically the fact that we have suggested an NPO. If Santander want to avoid the issue of a court order then they may feel after reading the thread that they will help. Otherwise NPO will be coming their way.
                                "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                                (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X