• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

voluntary termination of car finance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voluntary termination of car finance

hi there

we took out a 1.6 focus about 6 months ago. the car garage wasnt a mainstream garage it was one that supposedly specialized in poor credit help.(we wanted to build our credit rating) we took out the contract as we were told that it improves the credit rating and that we would be able to use a mainstream dealer in three years time when the car was paid for. turns out this was a load of cobblers as the company dont report back to any credit agency. we were only told this by the two guys at the garage it is nowhere on the paperwork. since having the car we have had to fork out hundreds of pounds on a new battery, new seals, spark plugs removal etc. We were told the car was under warranty yet none of the problems we have paid for have been covered by the warranty and we have dealt with that ourselves.

my question is, if we were to write to them and tell them we no longer want the car, what would or can they do?
    i understand we will now owe a huge amount of money for our stupidity of going to the garage in the first place but what else do i need to know?

thanks in advance for any help as they are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!!
    Tags: None

Re: voluntary termination of car finance

Have you actually tried to claim on the "warranty"? How "about" is the "about 6 months"? Is the car working fine now?

Comment

I take it this was a HP agreement what were the terms ?

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
        Have you actually tried to claim on the "warranty"? How "about" is the "about 6 months"? Is the car working fine now?

It was taken out in march this year. The car is currently working but for how long we dont know. It's constantly going wrong. The company went through the warranty and said that all the individual problems arent covered.

I just want rid of it. I'm not bothered about getting another car on finance or anything i just want it gone.

Comment

I was asking about the 6 months so that you could reject the car under the Sale of Goods act. It may be possible but let others, who know the procedure better, give an opinion.

Comment

hi im looking to do a vt as my husband coming out of work, we have had it 3 years in april 2015 so half way point is met however i do think i am going into a battle with the finance company. any help would be appreciated

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X