• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help regarding covering a gig

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help regarding covering a gig

Hi

I'm not sure where to post this really but am after a bit of advice.

I covered a gig for someone (I have done a few covers for him in the past) and he advised me that the venue pay a week after the gig on a Friday, I was fine with this. The Friday came and no payment so I tried messaging on WhatsApp, no reply, this happened for a few days so I messaged again a few days later saying I was contacting the venue. I did contact the venue and they were helpful at first advising that they would add me to the payment system and pay myself the week after instead of this other guy.

Anyway the area manager contacted the guy and he said he had paid me and sent them the fakest ever screenshot of a 'bank transfer' you will ever see. He then sent me a long text message saying how dare I go to the venue etc. The Police said nothing they can do as no 'crime' has been committed, they did say it was a fake bank app though, imo it's not even a good one.

The venue area manager must have colluded with him because after the guy I covered for sent me the aggressive text, the venue have now changed their tune, even though I said I would open up my actual bank app to show them no payment has been made.

I have sent a letter before action but again he has ignored, I previously sent another email giving him a chance to settle this matter. It's not about the money now it's more the fact he has lied and cheated and misled the venue.

I am just wondering if I could take any action against the venue as well as the individual as I did the work yet they paid someone else.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

What you say suggests that the correct legal analysis is that you were a subcontractor for the original performer, in which case your claim appears to be against him. Or did venue management know of and approve the substitution before you performed?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      What you say suggests that the correct legal analysis is that you were a subcontractor for the original performer, in which case your claim appears to be against him. Or did venue management know of and approve the substitution before you performed?
      The venue knew I was covering as when I go there they were expecting someone else from the regular guy and they helped me set up with the big screen. The event was a smartphone quiz.

Comment

'Anyway the area manager contacted the guy and he said he had paid me and sent them the fakest ever screenshot of a 'bank transfer' you will ever see. He then sent me a long text message saying how dare I go to the venue etc.'

So the Area Manager said he had paid you and the Area Manager sent you a 'fake Screenshot', is that correct?

The 'long text message' was from the person you covered for, is that correct?

Also is the 'venue' a multi - site company?

Comment

Yeah the area manager contacted the guy I covered for and he sent the area manager a screenshot of a fake bank transfer to mislead him into thinking he had paid me.

the long text was from the guy I covered for but I got the impression this was incited by whatever was said between him and the area manager

it is a multi site company with probably hundreds of bars

Comment

The screenshot he sent to the area manager has my bank details on it, this was sent by the clown I covered for and then forwarded on to me by the area manager. Would this be any kind of breach of data protection?

Comment

If it's a multi site company, it will have a Head Office, write a complaint to their Head Office.
              No doubt when you did work at one of their venue's, someone covered Health and Safety,
              showed you where the 'fire exits were etc. Explain everything to them. The beneficiary of
              the work you did is the venue / company, so maybe they will do something.

Comment

Aye it is a multi site company, I did email them but the area manager who contacted me was helpful at first but then became a bit hostile.

nobody showed me the fire exits etc, they just said there's the stage just plug in

Comment

Go higher up the line.
                  Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X