• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortgage shortfall 2nd mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage shortfall 2nd mortgage

Hello - I had a 2nd mortgage with my ex husband in 2006. We separated in 2007. He remained in the property. The property was repossessed in 2012 and there was a mortgage shortfall to Picture Financial. Not heard anything until April this year when received a letter from Link Financial re the debt - now £76k. I have requested a digital SAR for all information held as I think it is statute barred. Waiting for this but in meantime I have received a Notice from Link which has the original date of agreement in 2006 and a new Date of Agreement in 2023. Are they trying to formulate a new Credit Agreement so they can put this on my credit file and begin Court proceedings as if it is a new Mortgage? This debt has never been on my credit file.
    Do they have to wait until I can get the Subject Acces Request and formally write to them? Citizens Advice are saying to send the Mortgage Dispute letter as debt is over 12 years old but not sure if I should wait for the SAR first? Any advice? I don't want to ignore this Notice with the 2023 new Agreement date on - I have never spoken to Link in 2023 so this appears false - but worried they are trying to tee me up for Court Proceedings before I have even acknowledged or disputed?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X