• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Have received a claim form for a debt thats 13 years old

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, have just checked dates etc. I filed my court claim on 16th May, 28 days from then is 13th June, I received the claim form on 16th June, their post franking stamp date is 14th June, that’s outside of the 28 days ? and only I received the claimants letter yesterday. Do I have any grounds to contest on the basis they exceeded the 28 days?

Comment

Do calm down, make some tea.

The only Directions Questionnaire you need to fill in is the one you received from the Court. (read it, then put it aside).

The other side sent you their copy as it's the CPR Protocols to do so. When you've completed yours, you will send them your copy.

This tells you how you need to fill it in. Ask questions if you need to.

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...uestionnaire//

Remember you want Mediation provided they've sent you all the documents.

Comment

Hi, I will try, this is consuming me, and its making me ill, I cant think of anything else. I don`t drink tea but maybe I should start! I will complete the form and return.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight67 View Post
          Hi, I will try, this is consuming me, and its making me ill, I cant think of anything else. I don`t drink tea but maybe I should start! I will complete the form and return.
          Thanks again.
          Drink something to calm yourself, you are in 'control' of what you can do, that is so important and you are doing a 'good' job.

Don't forget to send the Claimants solicitors a copy of your Directions Questionnaire.

Comment

Thank you, but I do not feel in control!

The link that you sent doesn`t correspond with the claim form I have received, Form N181.

It doesn`t ask if I want mediation? It asks if I want to try to settle the claim. It then goes on to ask for Pre action protocols, disclosure of non electronic documents, Do I want experts etc....I don`t know what to tick or not to tick, I don`t understand any of it.

Sorry to keep asking for your help.

Comment

Thank you, but I do not feel in control!

The link that you sent doesn`t correspond with the claim form I have received, Form N181.

It doesn`t ask if I want mediation? It asks if I want to try to settle the claim. It then goes on to ask for Pre action protocols, disclosure of non electronic documents, Do I want experts etc....I don`t know what to tick or not to tick, I don`t understand any of it.

Sorry to keep asking for your help.
              Are you in employment? Could you pay a low monthly amount?

Comment

I am but have very little money left once I have paid everything. My boiler has just been condemned and I am going to have to finance that.

Comment

I am but have very little money left once I have paid everything. My boiler has just been condemned and I am going to have to finance that.
                  O.K. because their claim is over £10,000 it will go the 'Fast Track' route, so you will be subject to their costs involved in the case. I need to make you aware of that. In saying that a Court will only ask you to pay what you can afford each month. So if you filled in a I and E form and were left with £1 each month, that is what the Court would ask you to pay.

Comment

I don’t know what to say to that. I am beyond scared. So how do I complete this form please?
                    thanks again.

Comment

Do calm down. When you think about it, do something to take your mind off it. Post on the thread when you need too.

Scroll down to N181.

https://helix-law.co.uk/how-to-fill-...questionnaire/

(link posted for info)

Comment

Meant to ask what an I and E form is, I don’t believe I have completed one of those.
                        thank you

Comment

Meant to ask what an I and E form is, I don’t believe I have completed one of those.
                          thank you
                          Income and Expenditure form.

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

There is a 'Cost of Living Crisis', i.e, energy, food etc. If you need to fill it in, give yourself a 'buffer' on costs.

If energy prices go up, which they apparently will this Winter, you need to be able to cover the costs.
                          Think ahead.

Comment

Thank you, I will. You are a lifeline, cant thank you enough. I will complete & send and will no doubt be back :-(

Comment

Thank you, I will. You are a lifeline, cant thank you enough. I will complete & send and will no doubt be back :-(
                              Don't forget the DQ has to be lodged with the Court and other side.

Comment

Thanks! I wouldn’t have done that! Should I send a I&E form back with the questionnaire?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X