• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from dwf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from dwf

Hi,
    I got a letter from dwf saying that they're acting on behalf of Sainsbury and are asking me to pay £150 for not scanning a couple of items but when the incident took place, I was not told to await any letter, they got my information and let me go. What do I do now? It says I need to pay within 14 days to avoid further recovery action being taken.
    Tags: None

Hi JC

Welcome to LB

Try not to worry. They are speculate invoices, not one, not two but at least three. They have no breakdown of any costs, simply because these costs are built into their business model, i.e. security etc. They have suffered no 'loss', simply because the product was recovered, ready to sell. There are no costs, so they send these letters hoping people pay up regardless. Do not pay, nothing will happen, if it does 'update' the thread.

Just carry on with your day to day life.

Comment

I did get a breakdown of costs but apparently it's "Security costs" that is £150, but like you said, it's built in. I do not know what it is and I fear they'll keep sending threatening letters to my address (I'm going to move soon as well). How long will this last?

Comment

Originally posted by Jc16 View Post
        I did get a breakdown of costs but apparently it's "Security costs" that is £150, but like you said, it's built in. I do not know what it is and I fear they'll keep sending threatening letters to my address (I'm going to move soon as well). How long will this last?
        That's not a breakdown of costs, it's nonsense, even if you hadn't been there, those costs would have been budgeted for, so they want you to pay for their security, that's 'ridiculous'. Should be over in a few months, unless they like you as a 'pen-pal' in which they'll waste more paper on pointless letters.

Comment

Thank you for your message. I was freaking out an even contacted Debt Advice services who kept suggesting that I pay them and don't try to avoid it but now I feel better about it. I'll continue to ignore it
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Hey JC, did you ignore it in the end and when did they stop sending letters? Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X