• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell - chasing an old debt again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell - chasing an old debt again

Hi everyone,

I had an old Marshall Ward account that fell into arrears. To cut a long story short they were due to take me to court but dropped it. I received a letter by post advising of this but in all honesty it was so long ago I didn’t keep it. I believe this was all back in 2015 but I’d have to dig some documents out.
    They’ve now got back in touch sending generic debt letters! Is this enforceable seeing as they tried to take me to court about this before but dropped it?
    Tags: None

** sorry forgot to add I’m referring to Lowell Portfolio

Comment

Providing there is no CCJ, you've not made a payment in the last 6 years or acknowledged the debt in writing over the last 6 years, then it is statute barred.

Send the following template, make sure you get Proof of Postage.

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...ed-debt-letter

Comment

No I’ve had no direct contact with Lowell. The last thing I remember was a mediation call where a settlement wasn’t agreed. I think this is what happened but it was honestly so long ago.
        The debt came off my credit score quite some time ago. I was checking my email folder for the approx time and it was 2015. Sadly I’m sure I threw the documentation away due to having received the letter saying they were not pursuing the court case.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellsbelles View Post
          No I’ve had no direct contact with Lowell. The last thing I remember was a mediation call where a settlement wasn’t agreed. I think this is what happened but it was honestly so long ago.
          The debt came off my credit score quite some time ago. I was checking my email folder for the approx time and it was 2015. Sadly I’m sure I threw the documentation away due to having received the letter saying they were not pursuing the court case.
          Send the letter.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X