• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Monthly payments affordable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echat11 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for this. I think loan was fixed sum load so this doesn't apply to me as far as I understand it.

Today I received a letter from Mortimer acknowledging receipt of my defence (attached)
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by barlos1973 View Post

Hi,

Thanks for this. I think loan was fixed sum load so this doesn't apply to me as far as I understand it.

Today I received a letter from Mortimer acknowledging receipt of my defence (attached)
      Fixed Sum Loans are covered by Section 77 - https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2016-03-07

Comment

Hi.

Just to give an update.

So Mortimer Clarke have put the matter on hold and now that they have not replied within 28 days the matter will have been 'stayed' as I was advised by the court.
        As mentioned I never recieved a Default Notice. I am hoping that Mortimer Clarke are struggling to get hold of this.

However today, oddly enough I have recieved a loan statement from Lloyd's Bank ( no communication with them for at least 10 years). Mentions all the loan transactions from 2007 to 2010. It is come from Lloyd's Bank Collection.
        I was under the impression they had sold the loan. So why would they be sending this loan statement.????

Comment

Only a Guess, Mortimer Clarke has asked Lloyds to send what they have, you've admitted to having an account etc.
          Update when you get more correspondence. I don't think it's significant.

Comment

Thank you ECHATT11.

Obviously has to be something to do with Mortimer Clarke as I have not heard anything from Lloyd's for more 10 years.

If that's all they have I take it that's a positive. Why they are sending a statement covering from 2007 to 2010 seems odd.
            The statement comes with a opening letter, which states, 'to help you up to date with your loan, we' ve enclosed your statement. This includes all the transactions from 28.11.2007 to 27.10.2010, as well as some other information about your loan.
            Date of Statement is 15.06.23

Comment

Originally posted by barlos1973 View Post
              Thank you ECHATT11.

Obviously has to be something to do with Mortimer Clarke as I have not heard anything from Lloyd's for more 10 years.

If that's all they have I take it that's a positive. Why they are sending a statement covering from 2007 to 2010 seems odd.
              The statement comes with a opening letter, which states, 'to help you up to date with your loan, we' ve enclosed your statement. This includes all the transactions from 28.11.2007 to 27.10.2010, as well as some other information about your loan.
              Date of Statement is 15.06.23
              It's pointless speculating, I'm sure if the solicitors have anything meaningful to say, they will write.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X