• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mars Capital

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars Capital

Hello, Im new to this so its a bit like walking through custard. Back story. In 2009 I took out a secured loan with Black Horse. At the time I was in receipt of working tax credits which were taken in to account. When these stopped, I struggled to repay and the loan was transferred to Paragon, I think? Anyway it has had a further 4 more owners of the debt and is now with Mars Capital who never answer calls or emails, they just keep sending monthly statements. The original loan of 5000 was paid up until 2014 so I'd paid quite a bit off the loan. Mars statements say the balance is 17000. I've 3 lettered them, cease and desist, told them I dont acknowledge the debt etc. This debt is not on my credit file or the land registry. I've tried to get a solicitor but at 200 per hour, its not possible for me. I've worried about this for so long now and Im at the end of my tether. 4 times now, Ive asked them to take me to court and let a judge decide but this goes unanswered too. Any guidance would be appreciated. I'm reluctant to start a payment plan with them as I know they are ruthless and may likely to have something in small print to claim the whole lot back? Please be kind, I've enough on my plate. Much appreciated.
    Tags: None

This might well be statute barred.

Why not let sleeping dogs lie? (They are sleeping in so far as they are not taking legal action).

Read all further letters, and if they continue as described, i.e. with no threat of action, ignore and do not reply.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      This might well be statute barred.

Why not let sleeping dogs lie? (They are sleeping in so far as they are not taking legal action).

Read all further letters, and if they continue as described, i.e. with no threat of action, ignore and do not reply.
      atticus Thank you for your reply. I have been doing this but what I didn't mention was that I got a bill for a Field agent visit - £72. Ring doorbell says no such person came. My worry is, how long will they keep sending these damn letters accruing interest? Its gone on for so long now its just ridiculous. I'll continue as I have with your advice. Thank you, you've eased my nerves. Much appreciated.

Comment

You could send the following template, fill in your details, send it Recorded Delivery. See what they do, if anything, but you need to be sure it is Statute Barred, not just believe it is.

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sam...cover-debt-ew/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X