• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot - Incorrect name of creditor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Css062023 View Post
    Will do just that thank you.

Should I ask why first or just go straight in with a complaint? Thanks again.
    I would just go into a complaint. With you agreeing to the debt, they've saved money. No point adding costs legal or otherwise.

Comment

So today I received a Judgement for Claimant letter (after determination).

I offered to pay £20 monthly and they have said that the claimant has objected to the rate of payment I had offered stating that I must pay over £120 a month!

Is this even possible as I filled out the I&E form and cannot afford that monthly?

Looks like I'm going to have to object to the rate.

Appreciate any help.

Comment

Do you know how they have come up with £120 a month figure?

When you filled it in, did you take into account the cost of living, food energy etc.

I'd fill in another form and be realistic about costs today. Send it to the Court and the Claimant.

Comment

I tried to include everything and was pretty realistic if I'm honest. I rounded a lot of the numbers up. But it did leave me with around £135 available disposable income. So maybe it was due to that but they haven't shown how they have come to this amount.

But as I'm sure you know this amount can vary monthly, especially as my partner is disabled and relies on our vehicle more at times = more fuel money.

Do you know what form I'd need to fill in again please? And would they accept that?

Appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Css062023 View Post
            I tried to include everything and was pretty realistic if I'm honest. I rounded a lot of the numbers up. But it did leave me with around £135 available disposable income. So maybe it was due to that but they haven't shown how they have come to this amount.

But as I'm sure you know this amount can vary monthly, especially as my partner is disabled and relies on our vehicle more at times = more fuel money.

Do you know what form I'd need to fill in again please? And would they accept that?

Appreciate your help.
            I think you need to tell them about your partner's disability and vehicle costs. So you clearly didn't include this in the I & F form you filled in.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/de...%20the%20order.

Comment

Send a letter with I & E to the Claimant first, see how that goes first.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X