• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chased to pay for a service not received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chased to pay for a service not received

Hello everyone!

I have had an email from tradesman today chasing me to pay an invoice.

however the invoice is for a garauntee I haven’t received.

to give a bit of context, this gent did the work late last year before taking over the business from a previous owner. We had spoken to the previous guy who said he’s send us a garauntee. We never got it so I asked for it.

the guy who took over the business said to me I have to pay extra. I wasn’t going to do that because I felt I’d already paid for it. However I did recognise it wasn’t itemised on my previous invoice so I was just going to let it go.

However this guy sent me an invoice I didn’t ask for them emailed me chasing for payment as it was overdue.

I feel like I can’t be chased for an invoice where I haven’t had a service or asked for a service (I.e I never agreed to pay for the garauntee as I felt I’d already paid for it).

id it also a misuse of my private information to post me this invoice for a service I didn’t ask for?

thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

As the first business ceased, then the guarantee given would also cease. If you were offered a new guarantee and chose not to accept it with additional charge, then simply reply saying that you did not accept a second guarantee and say that no charge is due. Let him take action if he wishes but he will not win such a case

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X