• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Resolve call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolve call

Hello, I am looking for some advice please. I received a letter yesterday from Resolvecall, apparently a debt has been passed from Arrow global form a HSBC account for 500. They are threatening to come to my home. I was under a debt solution company, but this 1 never turned up, so as far as I know, no monies were paid. I emailed them yesterday, not owning up to the debt, to state I have MS, RS & Barrett's syndrome, all likely to become worse with stress. I am on carers allowance & higher PIP. Can they still come to my home? I've offered to prove my disability status. I haven't said the debt was mine, but on the off chance it is, it was 15 years ago, have I messed up it being statute barred? Thanks
    Tags: None

Hi TRACEYDC

Provided you haven't acknowledged the debt / or admitted the debt in the last 6 years, which I believe is the case from what you have written, then it's statute barred.

Send (you can email it) Resolve Call and Arrow Global the following template, amend if needed.

https://nationaldebtline.org/sample-...cover-debt-ew/

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Thank you for your help, I will do this tomorrow. Can they still come to my home, statute barred or not? The thought is worrying me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Traceydc View Post
        Thank you for your help, I will do this tomorrow. Can they still come to my home, statute barred or not? The thought is worrying me sick.
        If they do, don't open the door.

You could print out the letter, put it into an envelope and hand it to them through the letter box (still email t to them).

And stop worrying / stressing. If anything else happens, just update the thread.

Comment

Sorry to be pestering again, email sent to resolve! I did manage to go through other paperwork & found another debt, this hasn't been paid since December 2015, due to illness I had overlooked it, sounds silly, but unfortunately due to MS, my memory is not good . Is this also statute barred now? If it's a stupid question I apologise, thank you

Comment

Forgot to mention they have the original agreement, does that make a difference please?

Comment

Originally posted by Traceydc View Post
              Sorry to be pestering again, email sent to resolve! I did manage to go through other paperwork & found another debt, this hasn't been paid since December 2015, due to illness I had overlooked it, sounds silly, but unfortunately due to MS, my memory is not good . Is this also statute barred now? If it's a stupid question I apologise, thank you
              Yes, it's statute barred providing you haven't made a payment or haven't admitted the debt in writing in the last 6 years.
              The fact that they have a credit agreement becomes irrelevant. It became statute barred in December 2021.

Comment

Thank you for all your help, it's much appreciated, wouldn't have known where to start, Thank you again.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X