• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DRO Change of income

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRO Change of income

Hi. Back on July my wife and I applied for DROs through Stepchange. They took our combined expenditure and generated budgets based on our individual incomes, with mine taking the lions share as my wife is disabled and cannot work. We both qualified for individual DROs. I was only about £5 a month under new £75 limit for a DRO.
    This month I have had a pay rise which means I will get approx £200 a month more. Obviously the recent increases in energy, fuel and food prices have pretty much negated this, but when I inform the OR, will those increases be taken into account and will they divide them between myself and my wife?
    ​​​​​
    Tags: None

It might be an idea to fill in an Income and Expenditure form now (compare to the ones you filled in previously). That way if Stepchange think differently on your increase, you can show the impact of energy, food, fuel etc.

Comment

Thanks. I'm not sure if Stepchange would be involved at this point, as we're under the Official Receiver during the DROs. Might give them a ring anyway and see what they say.

Comment

Stepchange only refered your case for the DRO as you cannot refer yourself so I doubt they would have further interest in your case.

It is important you keep the official receiver informed of any change of circumstances because failing to do so is a criminal offence.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X