• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC secured Loan sold to Cabot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC secured Loan sold to Cabot

Hi, 13 years ago I had a limited company with an overdraft secured on my house for 26K with HSBC. Recession hit and the company went under. The debt was paid every month without interest added. HSBC then sold the debt to Metropolitan then onto Cabot financial. Cabot financial offered me to pay the debt off for £7k in May this year. I have a letter to say the debt has been paid in full. I have contacted HSBC because there is still a secured charge on my house. They will not remove it, and I've had numerous problems getting through to anyone with a way forward. I've now sent my paperwork through to the financial ombudsman to look at. When speaking to Cabot they said they didn't realise it was a secured debt and HSBC hadn't mentioned it when it was sold to them. Can anyone help with where I stand in this situation. I am trying to re-mortgage my house.
    Tags: None

Hi CUTCH

What you need to do is make a Formal complaint to each of them, HSBC, CABOT and Metropolitan. Follow their complaints process, if your still not happy with the resolution, then lodge a Formal complaint with the FOS against the parties who are responsible for the mix up. It might be an idea to send them all a SAR request just in case they end up blaming each other.

Update the thread on your progress.

Comment

metropolitan was an inhouse collection company (HSBC) office so never sold as just collections department.

​​​​​​ Subject Access Request Letter get proof of posting and keep copies of all letters etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X