• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Debt - CCJs and Defaults - Living Abroad - Future Mortgage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Debt - CCJs and Defaults - Living Abroad - Future Mortgage

After posting on Reddit and receiving quite a lot of abuse, I won't go into full details here.

However, I have recently discovered a fair bit of debt CCJs and Defaults under my name when looking on ClearScore, Credit Karma and Experian Check.

In total, I have 3 CCJs, (2 for around 1000GBP and 1 is around 500GBP), which were issued in 2018 and 2019.

I also have 3 Credit Cards in default, (balance around 500GBP each), a current account in default (balance 2000GBP) and 2 telecoms accounts (Balance of one is 1400GB and one is 300GBP).

I wasn't aware of these debts, but for the sake of this post, I assume full responsibility for them.

I have been living abroad since 2017 and work as a teacher. I only have discovered this recently as I have been looking at starting to save over the next few years for a mortgage to buy a property when I return to the UK.

However, I know that this is going to significantly impact my future plans.

I never received the CCJ summons but have read that as I didn't inform them of a change in my address and the time, it will be hard/impossible to get these set aside.

From what I can see on ClearScore, the accounts were opened in 2014-2018, and a majority of them are now with Lowell.

What are my options for dealing with these issues? I want to do the best thing to clear my credit score and be able to get a mortgage in the future. I am not looking to move back to the UK for at least another 3 years.

I've done so much Googling but can't find any concrete answers. I'm wary of 'resetting the clock' on some of this debt by addressing it and feel a bit stuck.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X